Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Shaq (obvious dominant reasons)
2) Kobe (Best all around player and the new Mr. Clutch)
3) Kidd (The Real MVP)
4) Duncan(The fake MVP)
5) McGrady (Possibly most potential
6) Garnett (Needs to play better in Playoffs)
7) Iverson
8) Peirce (On of the Best Streak players in the NBA)
8) Carter (and dropping...)
9)Webber (showed greatness in playoffs, but needs to show up for the big moments.)
10) Nowitzki (very versatile)
Any thoughts???

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Rank 'em

This would be my ranking:

1) Shaq (most dominant)
2) Kobe (most all-around)
3) Kidd (should've been MVP, showed he can score in the Playoffs)
4) Duncan (best PF in the NBA, best bank shot, not MVP, but still great player)
5) Iverson (can carry a team by himself)
6) T-Mac (carries a team, but not as well as AI)
7) KG (most versatile player in the game, can really play any position)
8) Webber (best passing PF in the game, nice jumper, can take it to the hole)
9) Paul Pierce (pure shooter, once he's in a groove he almost unstoppable)
10) Vince Carter (he's 10 on my list only because he's always injured, once he plays another whole season, I'd rank him in the top 5 or 6)
11) Dirk Nowitzki (needs to develop a more all around game, atill a great shooter though)
12) Steve Francis (he is the Houston Rockets, with a little experience and some better players, the Rockets will be in the Playoffs)
13) Gary Payton (great passer, scorer, rebounder great shooter
14) Rasheed Wallace (actually a great player, shoots the ball from anywhere on the court, one of the best low post players in the league, he needs anger management or something)
15) Baron Davis (fun to watch, great 3pt shooter, can take it to the basket, needs to get better at FT shooting

·
A!
9,434 Posts
1. Tracy McGrady
Is this really a surprise? We all know there a lot of Lak..ehh.. Homers on this board that think Kobe and Shaq belong at this spot, but to me, the top dog has to be the most talented and I don't think that defines Shaq or Kobe. McGrady is still young and he can do it all. He really is the model of the perfect NBA player at this current stage.

2. Tim Duncan
The MVP of the league, no matter what Shaq says. He will probably win a few more before his time is done. He is fundamentally sound and is a rare triple-double threat at the PF position.

3. Jason Kidd
He was also a MVP candidate coming off of an incredible season. I think he is the best PG of this generation and he is a steady contributor wherever he goes. He really did a great job for a Nets team that would be lottery bound without him. He will get his fair share of accolades, but might never win the title.

4. Kevin Garnett
Mr. Versatility! this guy redefined the way the SF position is played. It is really amazing what this "kid" has done in his short career. Some people say he needs to be more selfish and I agree to an extent. However, he needs his teammates to step up before he will ever get anywhere.

5. Paul Pierce
Sure he struggled in the ECF, but relax, it was his first playoff experience and he will only get better. He is ranked ahead of Kobe because of his ability to rebound and because he is more of pure shooter while being equal in everything else. They are building a nice team up in Boston. Next year could be another big year for the Celtics.

6. Allen Iverson
Man, if only this guy was taller.... He has all the heart in the world and that is what propels him to reach his high standards. He had an off year this year, but lets not forget that he was the MVP a year ago. He can score better than anyone in the league and the ballhog criticism is just retarded.

7. Chris Webber
Despite the haters, Webber continues to do his own thing. In doing that, he led the Kings to a near WCF victory over the Lakers. He doesn't get the respect from officials like Kobe and Shaq, but that didn't stop him from putting up remarkable numbers. He did it all season long.

8. Vince Carter
Vince has taken a bad rap for the injury, but how is that his fault? He is still the best leaper in the league and he is a great one-on-one player. his shot selection isn't always great, but he gets the job done at the 2 or the 3. He has many great years ahead of him.

9. Shaquille O'Neal
How can I say this gently? He is an overrated talent. Sure he has great strength and nice touch from 5 feet out, but that alone IMO doesn't make you a great player. He is not the best center of all-time either. Once he shows me that he can do other things besides run over people and intimidate the refs, he will move up on the list.

10. Kobe Bryant
Yeah, Kobe just edges out some other worthy candidates. He is a great player and well ahead of his time. However, he has the luxury of playing with Shaq qhich obviously opens up a lot more oppotunities for him. When he shows me that he is more than Superman's sidekick then I will admit I'm wrong. Until then, he is borderline top 10 as far as best NBA talents/players rank.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
1. Shaq
Until refs get their collective heads out of their collective @##es and start calling an offensive foul every time he lowers his head and slams into a would be defender, he is the most unstoppable player in the game.
2. Tim Duncan
Without a question the MVP of the league last year. Look at the team surrounding him, and they still won 50 games in the much, much, much more difficult west and you know he is the MVP. If you need more proof go look at the magic metric ratings or some other all inclusive stat. He does everything well. He is an elite defender, scorer, and rebounder and a very good passer for a big man. People who think Kidd was the MVP need to realize that 5 major contributors were added to the team from a year ago (Kidd, MacCulloch, Kittles, Jefferson, a non-injured Van Horn) plus Jason Collins and a more mature Kenyon Martin and all they lost was Marbury who isn't in Kidd's league, so of course they will get better in a hurry.
3. Kevin Garnett
The most versatile player in the league. Can do it all. Look at the stats. If Terrel Brandon hadn't gotten injured I think the Timberwolves could have challenged for the title. Incredible player.
4. Tracy McGrady
McGrady, Webber and Kobe are really close, but I rank em in this order becuase of the relative amount of dependence each team had on these players.
5. Chris Webber
6. Kobe Bryant
7. Jason Kidd
Great, great, great player, just overrated now that his team went to the finals. Great rebouner, defender, passer, and ball handler. Not too great of a shooter though, but the best PG in the league. Gets alot of turnovers but thats because the ball is always in his hands.
8. Allen Iverson
Another great player (the NBA is full of them). The only knocks on him are his poor shooting percentage, his high turnovers and his inablity to rebound.
9. Elton Brand
One of the most underrated players in the league. Great in college, great in the NBA.
10. Karl Malone
Talk about underrated. Has had an outstanding career, and people hardly realize how good it has been. Great defender. Great at both blocking shots and getting steals. Everyone knows he was a great scorer, but do you know he is second all time in points scored. Man I wish the Jazz had beat the Bulls so Stockton and Malone could have gotten the title they deserve.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How i wud rank em:

1. Shaq (what can i say)
2. T-Mac
3. Kobe
4. AI
5. JKidd (real mvp)
6. Tim Duncan (best PF out there now)
7. KG
8. CWebb
9. PP
10. VC
11. Tha Glove
12. Tha Reason (Steve Francis)
13. Dirk Nowitzki
14. Baron Davis
15. Rasheed W.
15. Elton Brand

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
1-- Shaq
2-- Duncan
3-- AI
4-- Kobe
5-- Jason Kidd
6-- Paul Pierce
7-- T-Mac
8-- Kevin Garnett
9-- Chris Webber
10-- Dirk Nowitzki

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
1.Shaq
2.Kobe
3.Duncan
4.Kidd
5.Garnett
6.Carter
7.T-Mac
8.Nowitzki
9.Payton
10.Pierce

·
Registered
924 Posts
IMX Ranking...

1. Shaquille O'Neal
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Tim Duncan
4. Tracy McGrady
5. Jason Kidd
6. Allen Iverson
7. Pau Pierce
8. Kevin Garnett
8. Vince Carter
9. Michael Jordan
10. Gary Payton

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Rankings

A lot of people say that Kobe is only good because he plays with Shaq. Excuse me here, but SHUT UP! You'd be saying the same thing about T-Mac or AI if they played with Shaq. Why do you think people say Kobe is a great player? Because he is a great player. Shaq doesn't do it all. Kobe scored 56 points earlier this year in 34 freaking minutes! SHAQ DIDN'T PLAY IN THAT GAME!!!

He was injured. The next day AI scored 58 points in double overtime! Everyone was saying, "Oh, AI can out do Kobe any day."

Hello, It took AI, 48 minutes plus OT to score just 2 more points than Kobe. Kobe would've had 70+ points if he played the whole game.

This was his point total per quarter-

1st - 18 points
2nd - 18 points
3rd - 20 points

He was on pace for 76 points!!!

That's balanced greatness. If any of you can't see that, you must be blind.

You can say T-Mac is better, that's your opinion. However, it's just plain stupid to say that Kobe isn't a great player.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: Rankings

Originally posted by Mr. X
A lot of people say that Kobe is only good because he plays with Shaq. Excuse me here, but SHUT UP! ...
I personally find that hilarious, especially considering that you avatar is a picture of Shaq carrying Kobe, which is what he's done Kobe's entire career.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I think Kobe is a GREAT player,but I also think hes over rated.In most peoples eyes all Kobe has proven is that he can put up GREAT numbers aka 25pts 5ast 6reb,while playing next to Shaq!

These ballers all put up those numbers by themselves.

T-Mac
Ivy
Vince
Duncan

The list goes on.

Kobe puts up GREAT numbers while getting played man to man,cuz the opponent has to tripple team Shaq.Could/can Kobe put up those numbers consistently WITHOUT Shaq?Iverson,T-Mac,
Vince and Duncan have ALL proven that they can.

Kobe showed flashes of BRILLIANCE in the 4th qtr of game 3 against the Kings,when he started drilling almost EVERYTHING he put up,and MOST of it was from 3pt land.

When it comes to the Kobe saga,only time will tell.....

That or Shaqs retirement!:D

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
IMO-Kobe would have better numbers if Shaq was gone....although they wouldn't be as good-they could still make the playoffs.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Re: Re: Rankings

Originally posted by BigTMacFan
I personally find that hilarious, especially considering that you avatar is a picture of Shaq carrying Kobe, which is what he's done Kobe's entire career.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Kobe is the best player in the league. If he was without Shaq, I couldn't even imagin how many points he would put up, of course having Shaq is "huge" help but I think the lakers would do the same without him, well a little bit worse but hey they still would have a shot at the playoffs and the finals.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Re: Rankings

Originally posted by Mr. X
A lot of people say that Kobe is only good because he plays with Shaq. Excuse me here, but SHUT UP! You'd be saying the same thing about T-Mac or AI if they played with Shaq. Why do you think people say Kobe is a great player? Because he is a great player. Shaq doesn't do it all. Kobe scored 56 points earlier this year in 34 freaking minutes! SHAQ DIDN'T PLAY IN THAT GAME!!!

He was injured. The next day AI scored 58 points in double overtime! Everyone was saying, "Oh, AI can out do Kobe any day."

Hello, It took AI, 48 minutes plus OT to score just 2 more points than Kobe. Kobe would've had 70+ points if he played the whole game.

This was his point total per quarter-

1st - 18 points
2nd - 18 points
3rd - 20 points

He was on pace for 76 points!!!

That's balanced greatness. If any of you can't see that, you must be blind.

You can say T-Mac is better, that's your opinion. However, it's just plain stupid to say that Kobe isn't a great player.
That needed to be an entirely different thread, it had nothing to do with the orignal thread. But since the subject is up now, I'll throw my two cents in. Kobe is good, nobody said he wasn't, in fact, i don't think anyone in this entire forum has yet claimed that kobe is less than one of the top ten players in the league, and if they did, than I find it obvious that the only reason they claim this is probably becuase they just don't LIKE Kobe, instead of that being their truthful opinion.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Sure Kobe would put up more points without Shaq, but LA would be no better than the Orlando Magic....

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Sure Kobe would put up more points without Shaq, but LA would be no better than the Orlando Magic....
That's what everyone is complaining about, that Kobe is not putting up as many points as A.I and T-Mac, and that they don't get all that support as Kobe does.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Since I made two off topic posts...

...I will make a on topic post, I won't put any comments becasue they are ranked as they perform

1) Shaq
2) Kobe
3) Kidd
4) Duncan
5) Garnett
6) A.I
7) T-Mac
8) Carter
9) Walker+Pierce
10) Bibby (If you would take a look at the playoffs, Bibby was the only one who wasn't affraid to put up a shot, even if he would miss it.)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.