Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this under the rumour mill section on Hoopsworld.com
I would love to get him, and I think he would definatly solve our need for a big man.

Toronto Raptors: Glen Grunwald would love to deal Lamond Murray, Murray would love to be dealt… the two sides are actively looking for a deal, and new York is rumored to have entertained talks, but when Lamond was introduced talks died. The Raptors were also rumored to have eyes for Jamal Magloire.
LINK

The question is who would we give up to get him.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think this is more of a case of us being very interested in Magiore, but the Hornets not being very interested in us, unfortunately.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The problem is that Magloire earns about $1.5 mil and I believe he is a free agent after this year? So we have a shot in the off-season, and I hope we don't screw it up because he would be perfect for us! But you're right - we can't offer anyone to the NOH, maybe they'd want Vince, but he earns $9 mil more than Magloire so that totally wouldn't work out. Do you guys think JM would like to play at home? He said he would in numerous interviews so it's not a longshot. BTW, do you guys think the NOH would think of not resigning him? That's also possible because his PT has diminished lately. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MrTasty</b>!
I think this is more of a case of us being very interested in Magiore, but the Hornets not being very interested in us, unfortunately.
Yeah, it'll take a lot more than Murray to get Magloire.

What about, Murray, MoPete, Archibald, and Moiso plus a future 2nd round pick?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!

Yeah, it'll take a lot more than Murray to get Magloire.

What about, Murray, MoPete, Archibald, and Moiso plus a future 2nd round pick?
That wouldn't work salary wise. They would have to add some fillers.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
the raps have been interested in Magloire for a while now.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Milla</b>!
The problem is that Magloire earns about $1.5 mil and I believe he is a free agent after this year?
I thought he signed a 3 yr 30 mil deal?

anyhow this trade would not happen unless we gave up Bosh and that is not going to happen

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I really doubt this rumour. It seems too much like the Nash to Toronto stuff from before. Just fodder for local sportswriters.

I don't see how Nawlens could give up on a budding all-star centre, right before they are about to join the huge Western Conf.

·
Registered
59 Posts
charlz, I thought I heard something about him signing an extension, I wasn't sure though because on hoopshype.com under salaries they only have him listed as receiving about $1.5 mil this year and that's it. Too bad for us if he did sign one.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DINOSAUR</b>!
I found this under the rumour mill section on Hoopsworld.com
I would love to get him, and I think he would definatly solve our need for a big man.

LINK

The question is who would we give up to get him.
It is very difficult to get Maglore with the current players we have. The Hornets don't really need what he are offering.

·
Registered
657 Posts

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
off season sign Nash and Dale Davis, then ask Alvin to take an modest pay cut.

Marshell re-signed to modest 2 yr deel

lineup
pg nash/williams/rookie (2nd rnd pick or Palacio)
sg Rose/Williams/Mason
Sm carter/Peterson
PF Bosh/Marshell/Baxter
C Davis/Bradley/Moiso

bench
Peterson
Marshell
Williams
Traylor
Baxter

not dressed often
Palacio