Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Sooo... Let's see what we've got ... Now I'm just guessing on some players and roles outside of our starting lineup. But here's what I have so far.

Starters, 2nd unit, backups ...

1. Lowry, Joseph, Powell
2. DeRozan, Powell ??? (not sure who's our 2nd here)
3. Carroll, Ross
4. Scola, Patterson, Johnson, Bennett
5. Valanciunas, Biyombo
With ... Caboclo, Nogueira and Wright in the DLeague

Arguably much better than last year in the starting 5. Carroll and Scola just better and more versatile than their predecessors (strangely enough on both sides of the court) except when Ross plays to who he can be ... which is not often enough sadly. Are we in a contract year yet on him? I guess that's when it'll all 'click' right!??! And then we'll get a season of insane level play, followed by an insane contract and then the drop-off... Sigh.

Still .. Looking forward to a great season. Good Luck to us all :) !!!

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Hell of a 3rd Q. Lowry/JV looked legit. DD showed flashes of all-star play. I liked the feisty effort on D, hopefully our O can gel some, looked very sloppy

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
DeRozan 25 points .... I think he was playing down during the preseason on purpose!! Just to make us sweat ... Lowry 23 points ... and Valenciunas with 21 and 15 boards! Wow!! Ugly game in stretches but in the end ... we got the W and that's all that matters ;-)

Lotsa potential !!

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like Carroll, he's like a physical Anthony Parker, exactly what this team was lacking last season. The backup role should allow Ross to play without fear and we might finally see the best out of him.

Lowry. DeRozan. Valanciunas.

The big three.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Ohhh WOW!! The last two games were stunning. Not perfect but, MAN... We've really got something going on here!! I'm Starting to like Biyombo. Rough night in finishing for him but right place, right time and additive to the game overall. He'll get his. Ross doing it again!! Patterson making shots, JV just beasting it, Carroll making a huge difference..... AND ... I even have to call out Casey for that key timeout in the 4th. Good play right off of that and then the team just coming together to close out the game and shut the door.
DAMN!!! Solid game and the defense making a difference.
Don't look now, but this team is seriously on the rise!!

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Tough road sched upcoming, true test time. Impressed with Ross off the bench, seems that's where his comfort level is at.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty dominant performance. Has Jonas finally taken the step? He looks great.

I'm very happy with what I've seen from almost everybody. It's weird, I'm not even mad at Casey. Oh and kudos to the man for becoming the franchises most winning coach of all time.

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Tough road sched upcoming, true test time. Impressed with Ross off the bench, seems that's where his comfort level is at.
This is the most impressive thing I've seen in the (very) young season from this Raptors team. Ross is really embracing this role and excelling at it. He might actually be a 6MOY candidate. Didn't really see that one coming.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
This is the most impressive thing I've seen in the (very) young season from this Raptors team. Ross is really embracing this role and excelling at it. He might actually be a 6MOY candidate. Didn't really see that one coming.
Ya hopefully its not a short term showing. I actually saw him attack the basket, which was unheard of until now.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
But yet we haven't put in a contract extension offer to him yet. Tonight (30 minutes to go) to NBA deadline and still nothing on the airwaves.... Hope they do something before this becomes a distraction for Ross and the team.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
But yet we haven't put in a contract extension offer to him yet. Tonight (30 minutes to go) to NBA deadline and still nothing on the airwaves.... Hope they do something before this becomes a distraction for Ross and the team.
well you got your wish, at an extremely hefty price.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I wonder if Casey is lamenting all the end of game scenarios last season when left JV on the bench?? Cause he dang well should be after last nights dominant play!! He helped us just blow it open. Very sweet win!!
Honorable mentions....Lowry, Scola, Derozan, JV !!
What the hell happened.... Patterson, Carroll, Ross (when Demar signed his WTF contract he came out and destroyed in his first game!!!) from TR we got fizz :-(

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
This game @OKC tonight should be a real barometer for where this team actually stands in the grand scheme of the early season.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
4 point game and the Bismack gets tagged with the worst offensive foul call i have ever seen, then they T him up and a 4 point play ensues........ that completely changed the game. Doubt the Raps bounce back from that

1 - 20 of 117 Posts