Bench

6- Antonio Davis
7- Morris Peterson
8- Jose Calderon
9- Andrea Bargnani
10- Charles Oakley
11- Jorge Garbajosa
12- Demar DeRozan

Would you guys change anyone on this team? I had a tougher time with the bench than the starting 5.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
At this point I'd probably want to switch out Bargs as I don't think he's ever really delivered on his full potential consistently enough to warrant this list. Same for Garbajosa and Oakley. Both were great interior defenders with occasional offense. I'd probably want to include though:
Dell Curry for his outside shooting expertise.
Jonas Valenciunus (sp?) I think we've already seen enough to predict that's he's going to be one of the best centers we've ever had. Defensive mindset and with great upside for offense. Not to mention work effort and hustle.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
If guys like Camby can be considered after playing only 2 seasons with the franchise, I think Donyell Marshall should be considered for this team. He played more total minutes with Toronto than did Camby and averaged 14 and 9 while shooting 41% from 3 with an outstanding PER of 19.8. I would also have a tough time leaving Doug Christie off the list. Here's my 12-man roster:

PG Damon/Alvin Williams/Jose
SG Vince/Dell Curry
SF T-Mac/Doug Christie/Tracy Murray
PF Bosh/Donyell Marshall
C Antonio Davis/Camby

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Ahhhh I forgot about Donyell !!! I only started following the team in Christie's last year so I don't remember him, Murray or Camby all that much. Mighty Mouse and TMac had their reputations so I've got no doubt about them.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If guys like Camby can be considered after playing only 2 seasons with the franchise, I think Donyell Marshall should be considered for this team. He played more total minutes with Toronto than did Camby and averaged 14 and 9 while shooting 41% from 3 with an outstanding PER of 19.8. I would also have a tough time leaving Doug Christie off the list. Here's my 12-man roster:

PG Damon/Alvin Williams/Jose
SG Vince/Dell Curry
SF T-Mac/Doug Christie/Tracy Murray
PF Bosh/Donyell Marshall
C Antonio Davis/Camby
Same list.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
Camby had a short stint in Toronto but he's still the best center in the franchises history in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
I totally disagree. Antonio Davis has a better two year stretch in 2000 and 2001 than Camby's two years with the franchise. He also had better longevity and playoff success with the team. It's easily AD.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
AD's legacy of bitching and whining about having to leave Indiana is something that I find difficult to swallow. He never appreciated how much T.Dot supported him, and he still doesn't.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Is this to build a team that would win? Because I also feel uneasy about T-Mac starting, I don't want a 1st round exit on my conscience.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
AD's legacy of bitching and whining about having to leave Indiana is something that I find difficult to swallow. He never appreciated how much T.Dot supported him, and he still doesn't.
So what? I wasn't aware we were making the all-fan-favorite team. If we were, JYD and Zan Tabak would be on it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
For Jon ****ing Bender.

We went to the Finals that year. We would have won it all if we didn't make that trade.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
JYD is in my list.

I'm going to need more time to fully explore this notion.

Beware, I hold grudges. Will VC even make it? Dum dum dummmm...

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
PG- Damon Stoudamire
SG- Vince Carter
SF- Tracy McGrady
PF- Chris Bosh
C- Antonio Davis

Bench
-----------
6- Andrea Bargnani
7- Morris Peterson
8- Jose Calderon
9- Doug Christie
10- Kevin Willis

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Garbo not getting any love eh? One of the most underrated Raptors of all time. That was a franchise changing injury!!!

PG Damon Stoudamire/Jose/Alvin Williams
SG Vince Carter/DeMar DeRozan/Morris Petterson
SF T MAC/Jalen Rose/Jorge Garbajosa
PF Chris Bosh/Charles Oakley/Ed Davis
C Marcus Camby/Jonas Valunciunas/Antonio Davis

Close Cuts

Kris Humphries
Leandro Barbosa
Andrea Bargnani
Dell Curry
Donyell Marshall
Amir Johnson
Anthony Parker
Doug Christie
Jamario Moon

I'm sure I have left somebody out. Except for Rafael Araujo, what joke of a pick that was....

Favourite Raps not on the list

Popeye Jones
Rasho Nesterovic
Jerome Williams
Reggie Evans
Matt Bonner
Kevin Willis
Joey Graham
TJ Ford
Loren Woods
Keon Clark

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
PG - Alvin Williams
SG - Vince Carter
SF - Tracy McGrady
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Antonio Davis

Jerome Williams
Jose Calderon
Demar DeRozan
Dee Brown
Morris Peterson
Charles Oakley
Kevin Willis

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
STARTERS
Kyle Lowry 2012
Doug Christie 1998
Vince Carter 2000
Chris Bosh 2006
Antonio Davis 2000

BENCH
Tracy McGrady 2000
Marcus Camby 1998
Jose Calderon 2008
Anthony Parker 2007
Charles Oakley 1999
Reggie Evans 2009
Dell Curry 1999

The 20-year old T-Mac doesn't need to feature in this starting lineup. There is only one ball and with 2.5 great scorers (including Lowry) in there he'd be better off the bench. Lowry is a better fit defensively for the starting lineup and doesn't dominate the ball like Stoudamire did in his tenure in Toronto. This is a good two-way team. Lowry (with teams not focusing on him) and attack-mode Vince would play well off each other. Bosh offset's Davis' weak offensive game, Davis offsets Bosh's reluctance to bang in the paint. I don't love having Davis at centre but our options are limited. Christie is one of the best wing defenders we've had and although he lacks a little as an open shooter his looks would be limited anyway.

Can't hide Calderon on defense but as reserve player he's just fine. Parker would have gotten more credit had he played for a better team in his second NBA stint. He is a useful player off the bench, more so than Peterson or DeRozan IMO--more savvy, better distance shooter. Camby makes the second unit because he turned into a good defensive player in time but in his first few seasons in the league he wasn't that guy yet. Oakley isn't there to play much, just provide veteran insanity and intimidate the other team. Curry will play when we need to make free throws or need a steady hand behind the arc but not much more than that. Reggie Evans when we need rebounding.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
IR: T-Mac, Charles Oakley, Marcus Camby

PG: Mighty Mouse (Career with Raptors: 200 GP, 19.5 PPG, 8.7 APG, 4.2 RPG)
SG: Vince Carter (Career with Raptors: 403 GP, 22.2 PPG, 5.0 APG, 3.7 RPG)
SF: Doug Christie (Career with Raptors: 369 GP, 12.7 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 3.4 APG)
PF: Chris Bosh (Career with Raptors: 509 GP, 20.3 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.2 APG)
CE: Antonio Davis (Career with Raptors: 310 GP, 11.1 PPG, 8.5 RPG, 1.6 APG)

Reserves:

Morris Peterson (Career with Raptors: 544 GP, 12 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.8 APG)
Alvin Williams (Career with Raptors: 417 GP, 7.3 PPG, 3.3 APG, 2.4 RPG)
DeMar DeRozan (Career with Raptors: 222 GP, 14.1 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 1.5 APG)
Jose Calderon (Career with Raptors: 480 GP, 9.9 PPG, 7.2 APG, 2.5 RPG)
Jonas Valanciunas (Career with Raptors: 28 GP, 7.8 PPG, 5.3RPG, 1.1 BPG)
Junk Yard Dog (Career with Raptors: Who cares? This is all you need to know, upon hearing the news he was traded to the Raptors "He was so enthusiastic about joining his new teammates that he immediately drove from Detroit to Toronto upon hearing the news")

1 - 17 of 17 Posts