Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM John Gabriel was in town and Grunwald and he are hammering out a deal according to inside sources. The main culprits still remain Juwan Howard, Lamond Murray and Eric Montross.

RB

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
bad deal.

Juwan has a bad contract - 6 years left on his deal. We simply dont need him.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>macro6</b>!
bad deal.

Juwan has a bad contract - 6 years left on his deal. We simply dont need him.
As an Orlando fan, we certainly dont want Murray and Montross either. :)

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
If this is true, we are putting ourselves in a tough spot for the future. Our ability to resign Chris Bosh should be a concern, and if he earns a big contract, one of our core players needs to be moved in order to fit him in.

But if Howard does join the Raptors, I hope we can buy him low. I mean, I don't want to see Mo Pete or Moiso leave. If it is a package of Murray and Montross, as indicated, that's cool.

Howard on the Raps would make us a strong Eastern team, but strong enough? How far could we go?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

As an Orlando fan, we certainly dont want Murray and Montross either. :)
agreed.

but it seems ur GM is desperate to get juwan out of there.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

agreed.

but it seems ur GM is desperate to get juwan out of there.
true ... but I dont see how Murray and Montross would make any sense.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Doesn't Montross' contract come off the books some time soon since he had to retire due to injury? If that's the case, then that's why the Magic would want him.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
What is Montross' contract at? Or Murray for that matter ...

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
What is Montross' contract at? Or Murray for that matter ...
According to Hoopshype, Montross has about $3 mill due to him over each of the next two years. Murray, has three years left at about 13-14 mill total.

I guess Montross' contract wouldn't be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
murry has 2 yrs/10 million left

Montross 4 million contract comes off end of this year?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
what will happen to the rotation?

anyways, about the salaries, howard does have a real bad contract but we will lose the contracts of hakeem this year and we'll also lose the contracts of murray and montross, thats about 12 mil right there so im not that concerned with the salaries. maybe the only thing thatd i'd be concerned about is whether we'd be able to resign donyell after next season....

if the deal happens, then i'd be fine with it....we get more depth in the lineup and we can always use more talent....the deal would undoubtedly make the team a 4th or 5th seeded team at least....

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
murry has 2 yrs/10 million left

Montross 4 million contract comes off end of this year?
Well, I would hope they could get more than that out of Juwan, but he does need to go somewhere else .. he doesnt fit with Orlando and is holding Drew Gooden back.

If Orlando makes that deal, then they are doing it with their eyes dead on Dwight Howard and Emeka Okafor.

·
Registered
731 Posts
We don't need Howard with his 6 yr contract to solve our short term problem....i think we have a pretty good team right now especially when Moiso and Archibald is improving....

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

Well, I would hope they could get more than that out of Juwan, but he does need to go somewhere else .. he doesnt fit with Orlando and is holding Drew Gooden back.

If Orlando makes that deal, then they are doing it with their eyes dead on Dwight Howard and Emeka Okafor.

Emeka Okafor :yes: this guy is gonna be good.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

Emeka Okafor :yes: this guy is gonna be good.
He's exactly what Orlando, and Toronto for that matter, need. Howard would be hard to pass on, but Orlando doesnt really have a problem scoring but their interior defense and rebounding are abyssmal (Howard a big reason). Emeka would be a huge, huge improvement. We can only hope. We'll have to have 1 or 2 pick to get him though.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts

we don't juwan especially with moiso playing so good

juwan contract is one of the worst in the league and the only stupid team for give a big contract to juwan is the MAGIC why we have to carry with that contract it's a stupid really stupid trade

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Re: .

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
we don't juwan especially with moiso playing so good

juwan contract is one of the worst in the league and the only stupid team for give a big contract to juwan is the MAGIC why we have to carry with that contract it's a stupid really stupid trade
His contract is only at around 5 million a year ... for a guy who can put up 18-7 or so, that isnt that bad.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Juwan Howard would be a good fit for this team IF we didn't have Marshall and if Bosh didn't fit his role so quickly! If it wasn't for the trade, Howard probably would fit for this team! i think Leo Rautins mentioned in the game that he plays better with good players around him, just like Vince! The only bad thing is Howard can't lead a team so if Vince was hurt, Howard wouldn't be able to step up and be the leader.

And like mentioned in this thread, the contract just wouldn't work!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts