Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some players who I think will be a good fit for our team and will be realistically available at our pick (clevelands 2nd rounder), assuming we make the playoffs and Cleveland gets our first rounder. Our own 2nd rounder goes to the bulls because of the Bonner trade.

Note: Click Picture to view nbadraft.net profile

Rafael Araujo- 6'11 260 LB. Center, BYU Senior

College Stats: 19.8 PTS (59 FG%), 10.4 RBS, 1.1 AST, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 29.7 MPG

Araujo would be a good post player for our team. He's got great footwork, post skills, and is a great rebounder. His defense needs a lot of work though.

Blake Stepp- 6'4 192 LB. Point Guard, Gonzaga Senior

College Stats: 14.4 PTS (46 FG%), 4.9 RBS, 7.2 AST, 1.2 STL, 0.2 BLK, 34.9 MPG

Could be a solid backup point for us. He's a true point guard that lacks quickness, but will be a steal in the second round.

Darius Rice- 6'10 215 LB. Small Forward, Miami Senior

College Stats: 17 PTS (41 FG%), 6.2 RBS, 0.9 AST, 1.1 STL, 0.8 BLK, 31.3 MPG

Darius could provide 3 point scoring off the bench. He has long arms and has a similar frame to Darius Miles.

Chris Garnett- 6'11 275 LB. Center, Indiana Southeast Senior

College Stats: 21.6 PTS (64 FG%), 11.2 RBS, 1.5 AST, 0.4 STL, 1.9 BLK, 31 MPG

Keep in mind, he is at a Divison 2 college. Nonetheless he is a big body with great size, and would be worth taking a chance on with a 2nd rounder.

Robert Swift- 7'0 245 LB. Center, Baskersfield HS Senior

Highschool Stats(Jr.): 24 PTS, 17 RBS, 6 BLKS

He might be forced to head to college because of his possible ineligibillty for the draft. The strong points of his game are his amazing footwork, shotblocking, passing, aggresiveness and athelticism. Needs to bulk up though.

Discuss these prospects, and which other prospects should we take or would be good picks.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I like Chris Duhon as our backup PG. Hopefully a first rounder will fall into our hands like Lampe did for the Knicks. Chirs Garnett could also be just what we need with his size and strength down low.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!
These are some players who I think will be a good fit for our team and will be realistically available at our pick (clevelands 2nd rounder), assuming we make the playoffs and Cleveland gets our first rounder. Our own 2nd rounder goes to the bulls because of the Bonner trade.

Note: Click Picture to view nbadraft.net profile

Rafael Araujo- 6'11 260 LB. Center, BYU Senior

College Stats: 19.8 PTS (59 FG%), 10.4 RBS, 1.1 AST, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 29.7 MPG

Araujo would be a good post player for our team. He's got great footwork, post skills, and is a great rebounder. His defense needs a lot of work though.

Blake Stepp- 6'4 192 LB. Point Guard, Gonzaga Senior

College Stats: 14.4 PTS (46 FG%), 4.9 RBS, 7.2 AST, 1.2 STL, 0.2 BLK, 34.9 MPG

Could be a solid backup point for us. He's a true point guard that lacks quickness, but will be a steal in the second round.

Darius Rice- 6'10 215 LB. Small Forward, Miami Senior

College Stats: 17 PTS (41 FG%), 6.2 RBS, 0.9 AST, 1.1 STL, 0.8 BLK, 31.3 MPG

Darius could provide 3 point scoring off the bench. He has long arms and has a similar frame to Darius Miles.

Chris Garnett- 6'11 275 LB. Center, Indiana Southeast Senior

College Stats: 21.6 PTS (64 FG%), 11.2 RBS, 1.5 AST, 0.4 STL, 1.9 BLK, 31 MPG

Keep in mind, he is at a Divison 2 college. Nonetheless he is a big body with great size, and would be worth taking a chance on with a 2nd rounder.

Robert Swift- 7'0 245 LB. Center, Baskersfield HS Senior

Highschool Stats(Jr.): 24 PTS, 17 RBS, 6 BLKS

He might be forced to head to college because of his possible ineligibillty for the draft. The strong points of his game are his amazing footwork, shotblocking, passing, aggresiveness and athelticism. Needs to bulk up though.

Discuss these prospects, and which other prospects should we take or would be good picks.
Well, I agree that Rafael Araujo would be a good fit for this team! We need that post presense in the paint. But if Kevin O'Neill has a say in the draft (and if he's STILL with the team) he wouldn't want the guy because of his lack of his defense!

I've actually watched Blake Stepp in a game against Missouri. I dunno if he'd really fit as a point guard in this league because of his lack of speed! I'd see him more of a small forward because of his height and rebounding ability.

Darius Rice having the same frame and Darius Miles? Ugh...anything of Darius Miles is HORRIBLE! But the last thing we need is someone who jacks up shots and doesn't drive the ball!

Chris Garnett? Is this guy related to KG? Well, if his is, that's a GOOD THING! But we got Bosh already! But I guess we just need a rebounder off the bench. And he's got the weight to be a decent presence down low.

Finally, Robert Swift. Well, he's a high school player! I wouldn't really take my chances with this guy simply because the four players above can contribute more!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
If that 7-foot Russian-Canadian kid from high school enters the draft, in what position will we be in to snatch him?

Apperently a number of teams went to scout this guy, including the Charlotte Bobcats. He is 7 feet, and shoots like Dirk Nowitzki, if not better.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Slasher</b>!
If that 7-foot Russian-Canadian kid from high school enters the draft, in what position will we be in to snatch him?

Apperently a number of teams went to scout this guy, including the Charlotte Bobcats. He is 7 feet, and shoots like Dirk Nowitzki, if not better.
Ivan, yeah. There is a thread or two on him on the draft board. You should go see him play if you want to get a look at him.

Anyways, he seems like a major project. He has been playing the point position, which means that he will have virtually no inside game. It also makes his defence suspect.

He has said that if he isn't a high lottery pick, he'll go to a D1 college. Odds are he will not be a lottery pick at all.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The player on that list I'd probably want to take most with our pick would be Robert Swift.

He's just a highschool player, so we could give him only 10-15 minutes off the bench. He's a defensive stopper in the paint, and has been compared to Chris Kaman because of his excellent footwork.

I really think he's the perfect fit for our team, though he should add 10-15 more pounds to become effective in the NBA. I hope he comes out and slips to us, but he might be forced to go to college.

As for Ivan, no way he slips to our pick. I think if he's not a guarnteed lottery pick he'll go to college.

A 7'0 point guard does seem intriguing though.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
i'd say robert swift....if he turns out to be great or atleast good...out frontcourt in a few years will be a killer....bosh and swift :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts