Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the buzz surrounding LMA visiting us tomorrow, I wanted to create a thread to hold all of the discussion for this years FA, especially in concern to our Raptors.

Link

Aldridge "has an interest" in the Raptors, per Charania, though it's unclear how serious. Aldridge reportedly told the Blazers he won't re-sign, and reports suggest that the Spurs, Lakers and Mavericks are front-runners for his services. The Rockets may also enter the picture.

However, the Raptors could be a viable threat. The draft day trade of Greivis Vasquez to Milwaukee ensured they will have the ability to create maximum cap room. They must renounce the rights to key free agents Amir Johnson and Lou Williams in order to officially create that room, but they will likely do so if they have a real shot to sign Aldridge.

Adding Aldridge to a core of Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Terrence Ross, Jonas Valanciunas and Patrick Patterson could push Toronto out of the dreaded middle of the Eastern Conference. The Raptors finished 49-33 last season before being swept by the Washington Wizards in the first round of the playoffs.

Toronto is also attempting to clear enough cap space to make a run at Kevin Durant in 2016. They will likely have the room to sign Durant even if Aldridge arrives, though it may cost Toronto Ross and Valanciunas.
Further news, A F Aminu has scheduled a visit of Toronto as well...

And we have interest in W Matthews

And Biyombo

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
I don't think theres any possibility that we land Aldridge so we can forget about him. I think we should offer the max to Greg Monroe and try to get a second tier wing like Khris Middleton.

There has been talks about us trading DeMar. If we end up trading him then depending on what we get in return next year could be a throwaway year where we tank.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ridnour's contract, however, has one stipulation that puts him at the top of wish lists: His $2.75 million salary for the 2015 season is non-guaranteed, and if he's waived before July 10, the Thunder (or whatever team still has him) won't have to pay Ridnour a dime. Essentially, Ridnour is a $2.75 million salary cap dumpster.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Is be quite happy if we kept De Colo. He showed good promise and poise when he was with us a couple years ago.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Denver's dangling both Faried and Gallinari, for what it's worth.
I'm really liking this move with Carroll .... and the upside to moving Ross in his prime. Usually we hold onto players too long until we realize they're never going to get any better.

Only question ... what's the skinny on Carroll?? I don't know anything about him, other than his position.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I'm really liking this move with Carroll .... and the upside to moving Ross in his prime. Usually we hold onto players too long until we realize they're never going to get any better.

Only question ... what's the skinny on Carroll?? I don't know anything about him, other than his position.
He is a good defender and shooter, but he doesn't create. A lot of his points came off assists and opposing teams usually focused in on Kyle Korver so he always got open looks. I think it's a great signing for Toronto. Probably overpaid just a little, but not bad.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Apparently you guys aren't quite done, and are now making a push to sign Wes Matthews too. Interesting.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe the plan is to throw out a bunch of smallball lineups featuring Lowry/Derozan/Matthews/Carroll with one of Patterson or JV in the middle.
Casey would love this.

Supposedly DeMar has been heavily involved in the recruitment of Matthews and Carroll, so you could be right.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts