Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I like Carroll and Matthews. I'm just not sure about the price tag. Paying premium for a big always make sense though. It's surprising how not more teams are interested in Monroe's services.

·
Put some respeck on ma name!
30,063 Posts
Apparently you guys aren't quite done, and are now making a push to sign Wes Matthews too. Interesting.
Bullshit. Really?

We must be trading DeMar. Will we land Cousins?
Marc Stein @ ESPNSteinLine

ESPN sources say Wes Matthews has had meetings with officials from both Mavs and Raptors so far in free agency 1h

·
Put some respeck on ma name!
30,063 Posts
Amir was always one of my favorites.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
I think go after Monroe for max or Davis west on a 3 year 38 mill deal, re-sign lou 3 20 mill try adding De cole and Corey Joseph on min deal. PF trade ross for Gallarani or Faried as with both you can use them at the 4 with the ability in some match ups to use if say we get D Gal at the 3 in a small unit to stretch the
posibble

pg lowry wright olo
sg derozan lou (hopefully) wright joseph
sf carroll [pos gallinari faried] patterson bruno
pf[monroe/west]/ bismack/faried patterson bruno
c jv vet luca

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Wow!!! Sooo much going on and so fast!! This is an awesome start to free agency.
I'm not too worried about overpaying right now as the cap will increase substantially when new TV deal kicks in. So even if we max out this year we'll have space next year.

Sorry to see Amir go ... but a necessary move on both sides. I think he's given us his best and we shouldn't risk/push the ankles anymore.

Thanks for the details on Carroll ... I'm starting to see the bigger picture here.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Not too many totally class acts like him left anywhere!!!
Full respects and props to Amir! He'll be missed, but it's all for the best :)

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Biyombo was a good signing. Great price.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I'd rather have him coming off the bench playing the 5 as a backup for JV than as a replacement for Amir. I think we still have a hole there. But good looking signing for sure. He's got good hands, anticipation and lateral movement - fast actually for such a big boy and a good aggressive presence no doubt.
Yup!! I like this move at this price point.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Lou Williams has signed a 3 year deal with LA Lakers for $21m. Not a bad value contract and I wish him all of the best.

We're going to struggle with our offense next year. Hopefully Masai will be bringing in some fire power to replace Lou off the bench, maybe Gerald Green.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Yikes!!! That's a real loss :-( Wow that's gonna hurt more than anything. We're already offensively challenged enough ....

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
We just gave Cory Joseph 30 mil over 4 years.

I'm just going to say it now. Masai has lost his mind. I didn't like that Carroll deal but this one takes it over the top. A backup point guard who was hardly in the Spurs rotation in the second half the season and the playoffs shouldn't cost you 7+ mil a year. We still don't have a starting forward and our bench got a lot worse after Lou left. I wasn't a big Lou Williams fan but at least he's someone that can score. Assuming that Patterson starts (looking like a possibility since we have no money left) our bench now consists of Joseph, Ross, Wright, James Johnson, plus some minor players. Unless there are some major trades incoming this roster isn't making it past the 2nd round and isn't bad enough for the lottery.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
^Unlike you, I don't believe that taking a round in the playoffs is necessarily such an awful thing but I'll agree that this is quite rich. I generally like seeing guys I got to play against get theirs (lets me pat myself on the back a little bit), but this really seems like far too much.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts