Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The raptors of have played three really solid games in a row and this should be noted. If raptors keep playing liek this they cuodl go far. Raptors coudl easily be over .500. If we get some kinda a big man we will be fine!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yeah we may of been solid games but this season we have had way many 1 POINT GAMES!...Like even 2 points wouldnt be so disappointing as these 1 point losses...We really gotta win some games by about 5-10 points..I dont think if we continue to lose 1 point games we would go far in the playoffs...its a known fact

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
VC is coming back strong, look for him to keep getting to the line after getting some attention yesterday.

CB is rapidly closing in on 20 and 10 territory, that's truly amazing for a rookie center.

Our bench needs some work, especially another PF/C. Someone like Kato would be nice.

I hope everyone has seen how much Vince Carter means to our team. It's the VC/CB combo that will make this team great, if surrounded by the right players. We have a decent supporting cast in place so we should continue to improve as we gain a little more depth.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I have been wondering about Leon Smith myself.

A few weeks ago it seemed like everyone was lining up to sign the guy. Knicks, Pacers, Nets, etc were all in talks with him.

No word of GG looking at him though.

Now we hear nothing about Leon at all. Did he run into some problems?

I just don't think the Raps want to really gamble with their next move. They seem to want to trade for a quality big with experience. Why else would they not have signed any of the FA's or NBDL guys out there already?

They have tried Bateer, Arch, Baxter, and now even Moiso. The next move is key. It has to be a known commodity, not a mystery. It has to be guraranteed production. No projects.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
Our bench needs some work, especially another PF/C. Someone like Kato would be nice.
LMAO

<b><u>Associated Press: Official Release</u></b>
Toronto Raptors sign Acrobatic Young Forward

TORONTO, FEBRUARY 2--The Toronto Raptors solidified their front line today by signing superhero sidekick Kato to a one-year contract, terms undisclosed. Swingman Lamond Murray will be placed on the injured reserve to make room for the 5'8" power forward-centre.

"We are extremely excited to have such a legend join our team," raved Raptors General Manager Glen Grunwald. "He has shown an aptitude for battling larger opponents and we feel he can be an intimidating presence in the paint and above the rim."

"We were concerned that ties to his former mentor, Britt Reid, could prevent him from joining our team. Fortunately, both sides were able to come to an agreeable arrangement that will allow Kato to play and travel with the team, but remain available to prolong Chinese stereotypes and battle uninspired, Batman-esque villains alongside The Green Hornet." Reid was not available for comment.

Kato is "fearless and plucky." A/P Images

A source close to Kato, who wishes to remain unnamed, claimed that Kato was looking forward to working alongside Vince "Half-Man Half-Amazing" Carter.

"He is fearless and plucky," remarked District Attorney F.P. Scanlon, who has relied on Kato's heroics in the past. "I'm not sure how well he will be able to play with the mask on, but if Lucious Harris could do it, Kato must have it in him."

Kato will wear his trademark mask and hat at all times. A/P Images

Toronto faces Philadelphia on Tuesday.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Trade Morris Peterson and Alvin Williams for Josh Moore, physically the next Shaq, but fundamentally and mentally, getting there.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Trade Morris Peterson and Alvin Williams for Josh Moore, physically the next Shaq, but fundamentally and mentally, getting there.
A Wolverine on the Raps. If that happened I think Chuck might never stop taunting Leo. Unless we also get Etan Thomas or someone else from the Orange.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts

Bosh need to be in his Natural Position He's not a Center he's too skiny even for a PF we need gain some weight for be top PF but he never be a Center we need a big man a true C.

Good trade for us. (I think)

Alvin
Mo.P.
Lamond

for

Lorenzen Wright
cap filler

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Re: .

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
Bosh need to be in his Natural Position He's not a Center he's too skiny even for a PF we need gain some weight for be top PF but he never be a Center we need a big man a true C.

Alvin
Mo.P.
Lamond

for

Lorenzen Wright
cap filler
Any trade which forces us to give more playing time to Milt Palacio is a good one in my books ;)

But seriously, we need another PG before we think about trading Alvin.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Re: .

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!

Alvin
Mo.P.
Lamond

for

Lorenzen Wright
cap filler
Wright is a true center? If Bosh isn't already a better center than Lorenzen, he will be next year. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to have Wright as our third PF/C but you can't overlook the amazing job that a 19 year-old bosh is doing at center. also, don't underrate his ability to add strength- by next year he'll have filled out nicely.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts

i'd love to have Wright as our third PF/C but you can't overlook the amazing job that a 19 year-old bosh
I agree with you BOSH (19 YRS.-OLD) he's doing great work but my point is we need a Center maybe Lorenzen it's not the best option but who else we can get ???? and i still think bosh should play in his natural position PF
Don't you think ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts