Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard on the fan. That the Raptors have invited Olden Poynice to summer league. This could be a sign that Keon wont be re-signed.

On a insidehoops message board a poster has reported there is talk that.

JYD and Micheal Bradley will be traded to Utah for Donyell Marshall

- Marshall would be signed for 6 years then traded to Toronto.

He says this is from ESPN insider.

Keon Clark may be involved. In a sign and trade deal as well.

Take these trades for what they are worth. I just hear them and post them.

-If anyone has espn insider and can confirm this rumor, It would be appreciated.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Re: Raptors invite Olden Polynice to Summer league

Originally posted by JUNKIE
Just heard on the fan. That the Raptors have invited Olden Poynice to summer league. This could be a sign that Keon wont be re-signed.
Terrible move. Polynice sucks.
On a insidehoops message board a poster has reported there is talk that.

JYD and Micheal Bradley will be traded to Utah for Donyell Marshall

- Marshall would be signed for 6 years then traded to Toronto.

He says this is from ESPN insider.
If we do indeed pull the trigger on <i>this</i> move, wouldn't we save at least <i>some</i> cash? And then we could just sign Keon anyway, so what's the point of bringing in an old stiff like Polynice?
Keon Clark may be involved. In a sign and trade deal as well.

Take these trades for what they are worth. I just hear them and post them.

-If anyone has espn insider and can confirm this rumor, It would be appreciated.
I'm not buying any of these for now, nor do I want any to happen, with the exception of Marshall coming to Toronto, and I think he'll re-sign with the Jazz anyway - they'll probably offer him more for how well he's played this past season and he might as well stay. But that's just my crazy opinion.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i have heard all this news as well...

polynice was invited to the summer league team because i heard someone say that he will be helping the younger kids and that he will provide some leadership and possibly get a roster spot with another team.

i like the marshall trade because we get a very good 2nd option to vince and we rid of JYD's hefty contract and a little used sophmore in bradley. this would provide time for chris jeffries as well.

keon clark will be on the fan anytime now...so listen in

sorry his agent will be on the fan

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once again my good man Eric Smith on this rumor

i mentioned this on the air today Junkie. the raps are
being pretty tight-lipped about things.

Now that George is off the market - resigning with LA - and
considering the fact that utah is going to lose Bryon
Russell as well ... i'd expect that if ANY deal were to go
down with the jazz ... they'd want Keon, not JYD. and of
course, keon would then have to agree to going to the jazz
... and i doubt that'd happen.

take care. keep listening.

ERIC SMITH
THE FAN 590

I seriously think the Raptors have somethin up their sleeve. Keon Clark's agent was on today as sime mentioned and the Raptors are not biting on a extension other then the qualifying offer. I would do Keon Clark signed with JYD for Marshall and maybe Kirilenko. We trim tons of salary and we can dip in the FA market to get an Olowakandi. Starting 5 would look like

Olowakandi
Davis
Marshall
Carter
Alvin

bench= MOP, Kirelenko, Lindsey Hunter, Jefferson, Jackson

That starting 5 is probably the best in the East and they would still be under the cap.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Getting Marshall would make our team look very scary offensivly.

I think it might be a pipe dream though. I've heard alot of places Marshall will resign with the Jazz, but it could just be for a sign and trade deal of this nature.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Utah is only offering a 3 year deal to Marshall he wants more. Raptors would offer 6.

I heard on the fan this morning. That it's not JYD and Bradley. The Jazz are apprently interested in 2 of MOP,Keon and JYD.

They also said a third team like a Orlando Phoinex would have to be involved because Clark wants to play in a warm weather climate.

Grunwald is flying to Utah today for summerleague. I will bet you the talks will heat up in person.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
Utah is only offering a 3 year deal to Marshall he wants more. Raptors would offer 6.

I heard on the fan this morning. That it's not JYD and Bradley. The Jazz are apprently interested in 2 of MOP,Keon and JYD.

They also said a third team like a Orlando Phoinex would have to be involved because Clark wants to play in a warm weather climate.

Grunwald is flying to Utah today for summerleague. I will bet you the talks will heat up in person.
If it involves both Keon AND MO forget. There is no way I would just bive up Mo like that. HE has the potential to score 17 ppg for us no problem. JYD and Bradley + a 2nd rounder....

I mean seriously, JYD and Mo Pete for Marshall. Now thats not fair, GG would be stupid to make a deal like that.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Originally posted by untitled

If it involves both Keon AND MO forget. There is no way I would just bive up Mo like that. HE has the potential to score 17 ppg for us no problem. JYD and Bradley + a 2nd rounder....

I mean seriously, JYD and Mo Pete for Marshall. Now thats not fair, GG would be stupid to make a deal like that.
You underestimate Marshall alittle. He is a consistent low post threat and he plays in the WESTERN conference. Keon nor MoP has shown any consitency of scoring. That said I would much rather see JYD leave then MoP. MoP is one of my favs on the Raps, but we need consistency.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's not forget Marshall averages more Rebounds then JYD at SF. Marshall shooting % is over .500 (3 in the league). He also averages more points then MOP in less minutes with a far better %. He creates problems defensively for the other teams SF because he's so fast , strong and tall. He can play PF. He is a serious threat from all over the floor and he is a true 2nd option to Vince. I love this guy's game.

I would trade

MOP and JYD

for Marshall and 1st rounder

We lose salary, plus we wont be able to re-sign MOP with alot of $$ next year because cap wil be in affect.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I like your trade Junkie,, but where does that leave Keon?? Davis and Marshall would get the bulk of the minutes at the pf/c, so I guess Keon would be 6th man if we do re-sign him. Not a bad front court, tops in the east in my oppinion. :yes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts