Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Raps have lacked intensity big time lately. Who's fault do you think it is the players, VC, Glen Grunwald (not getting energy player) or KO.

I think it is KO, sure he may be intense but that doesn't mean that his players will be intense.
He's got to stir up the lineup, start Lamond or Mo over Alvin for a game so how they react. Or throw Moiso in first off the bench.
KO needs to change it up to keep players fresh and intense.

But who's fault do you think it is?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
How is adjusting the roster going to change the intensity level? It's the same roster, switched around but still the same roster :rolleyes:.

I also don't understand how the fault is always upon only 1 specific Raptor player. How about I say it's the whole Raptor team's fault, since they get owned and demolished every game, coinciding each other's efforts?

·
Registered
372 Posts
you're rite....
the whole team should be responsible, players get lazy at defending. sometime players pick up bad fouls, miss lay ups, and quick shots.

the whole team has done that in the past 4 or 5 games.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!

I also don't understand how the fault is always upon only 1 specific Raptor player. How about I say it's the whole Raptor team's fault, since they get owned and demolished every game.
i agree with this. i always felt it was unfair for any one player/person to take all the blame. fans often look to vince carter when the team is playing poorly, and almost mandate that vince shoulder all of the blame, when in fact the problem goes far deeper than just one player.

however, i don't know whether it's just players or coaches or management, or any combination therein, that can/should ever take all the blame. with this particular team, i think it's a very, very complex problem. the scapegoats are numerous, and while some are obvious, others are very difficult (impossible?) to identify. i personally think the team's culture and recent tradition (and who exactly is responsible for that?) are significant contributors to the team's current issues.

put simply, it's an intangible problem. ;) i find it's never so easy as to assign any blame to one player. vince is the usual suspect here but it goes far beyond vince. i mean, WHY is he the usual suspect? who made him that way? why doesn't someone else (who?) take the bull by the horns and offset his poor play? why can't that be done? they're all relevant questions...

peace

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
well they traded super energiser bunny intense Jerome Williams for a not so energetic Rose.

No one off the bench to get people hyped. Carter just doesnt do it anymore.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is adjusting the roster going to change the intensity level? It's the same roster, switched around but still the same roster .
It will energize the bench a little and get them into the game, all they do right now is sit there all sad and don't really even stand up and get exicited.
And you can't blame them, Moiso Lammond Mason have no reason to get into the game. They know they aren't going to play and simply don't care. By playing them some more they will start to care, rather then mope around on the bench.
It'll also motivate the players play harder so they dont get replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts