Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><table border="3" cellspacing="10" bgcolor="gainsboro"><tr><td bgcolor="indigo">
</td> <td colspan="3">
April 12th, 2006
Orlando, FL
TD Waterhouse Center
7:00PM EST
The Score
</td><td bgcolor=#3878B0>
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="indigo">
Toronto Raptors​
</td> <td>
26-52
</td><td>
H2H
</td><td>
33-44
</td><td bgcolor=#3878B0>
Orlando Magic​
Mike James
Guard
6'2"
188#
Duquesne​
</td> <td>
</td><td>
H2H
</td><td></td><td bgcolor=#3878B0>
Jameer Nelson
Guard
6'
190#
St. Joseph's​
Morris Peterson
Guard/Forward
6'7"
220#
Michigan State​
</td> <td>
</td><td>
H2H
DeShawn Stevenson
Guard/Forward
6'5"
210#
Wash. Union (HS)​
Joey Graham
Guard/Forward
6'7"
225#
OSU​
</td> <td>
</td><td>
H2H
Hedo Turkoglu
Forward
6'10"
220#
Turkey​
Charlie Villanueva
Forward
6'11"
240#
UConn​
</td> <td>
</td><td>
H2H
Dwight Howard
Forward/Centre
6'11"
265#
SW-Atl Christian (HS)​
Pape Sow
Forward/Centre
6'10"
250#
Cal St./Fullerton​
</td> <td>
</td><td>
H2H
Tony Battie
Forward/Centre
6'11"
240#
Texas Tech​
</td></tr></table>

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good to see Jameer Nelson playing well. He was one of the guys I hoped the Raptors would take in 04. Rumour was that when he started slipping Rob scrambled to try and pick up another first to get him. I wonder what our team might be like with him on it.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
hopefully trevor ariza gets alot of playing time, i miss watching this guy like during his rookie year.

toronto was interested in trading for milicic, maybe he'll show us why.

T.O. is only getting a better draft pick baby.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
It's depressing as a Raps fan to see teams like the Magic and the Hawks to be really coming together and turning it on at the end of the season. I know it's great for our pick, but it doesn't give me as a fan a lot of hope for next season.

·
Premium Member
17,596 Posts
Team Mao said:
It's depressing as a Raps fan to see teams like the Magic and the Hawks to be really coming together and turning it on at the end of the season. I know it's great for our pick, but it doesn't give me as a fan a lot of hope for next season.
Our best player is injured, what do you expect?

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Team Mao said:
Even before the injury, both of those teams were really showing improvement in their games (at least the ones I'd been able to watch).

I think we have shown more improvements then both of them. I think in some power ranksings I saw us as far as 20th, and quite honestly, I think it was a fair rank.

Our future is brighter than

Bobcats, Hawks, Celts, knicks (unless outstanding moves are made this off season, they hav a lot of pieces to pull a blockbuster), sonics, t-wolves and blazers.

I also think that we have odds of becoming better than Orlando and Chicago. In terms of rebuilding/young teams, I think Orlando is closest especially now that Milici was added, but yeah, I still think that raps have more potential. Now with our pick, that can only help.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I think Sam will go with the big lineup of CV/Sow/Hoffa once again since it seems like a complementary matchup on both sides. CV and Hedo are big small forwards, Sow can use his hustle to slow down the strong and athletic Howard while Hoffa may keep with the aging Battie although he own him through experience.

Look for Mo Pete to play a full 48 tonight.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Team Mao said:
I know what you mean man. Setting aside the fact the Bosh is injured and we're not ranked too poorly, seeing what Orlando and Atlanta are doing is kinda making me jealous.

yadayadyada we get a higher draft pick though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.