Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are rumours flying that the Raps will trade Hakeem Olajuwon and Mamadou N'dyie to the Mavericks for Wang Zuizzi(I have no idea how to spell his last name)

I can understand why Toronto would do this because they need good shooters and a good enter plus Toronto has a huge chinese population. But I can't understand why the Mavs would do this.:no:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Is Wang Zhi-Zhi still signed with the Mavs???? He played on Golden State's summer league team.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is Wang Zhi-Zhi still signed with the Mavs???? He played on Golden State's summer league team.
Yes. He is a restricted free agent.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sorry, guys...

Hakeem and Marmaduke combined make $6.7 mil next year. In order for that trade to happen, the LEAST AMOUNT OF MONEY that Wang Zhi Zhi would have to be making in his first year would be $5 MILLION (that's if Adrian Griffin, who makes $0.7 mil, gets thrown in as filler). I'm pretty sure that NOBODY out there is interested in signing Wang Zhi Zhi to a contract that starts out a $5 MILLION, right?

If the Raptors DO give this Zhi Zhi kid that kind of money, their GM needs to be fired.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
no this trade would not happen.

The Raptors for sure are not interested in even thinking about this trade.

Wang is a Dell Curry wannabe. Think about it for a second. He shoots from the 3pt line time after time and on defense stands there as if he was a pylon. Wang is like a clone and we don't need that on our team.

No thanks.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I dont see how you can lable a Center a clone of a sg/sf player. A center who can shoot the 3 is rare. If he developed other aspects of his game he could be a great find.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
I dont see how you can lable a Center a clone of a sg/sf player. A center who can shoot the 3 is rare. If he developed other aspects of his game he could be a great find.
listen what i was tryin to say was that they dont need a lanky centre who won't do the dirty work. we dont need a c to shoot 3's. we have sf's sg's and pg's to do that.

i also compared him to dell curry because his game is the same yet they play diff positions!

capiche?

·
Registered
7 Posts
WANG ZHI ZHI

WANG ZHI ZHI

Wang has official signed wit the Golden State Warriors so everyone can stop talking about him. Was this a good move or a bad one? In my mind it really matters. The team has no official point guard. Either Steve Logan or Gilbert Arenas will be getting the load of the work. I think for Wang's success he must have two good things a good point guard and equally good post man. What made Wang so good is that he had Raef Lafrentz on his team so when teams double down on him Wang was able to hit the open jumper. Who will be the lost post presence on the Warriors. Either Jamision or Adonyl Foyle has to step up. But in retrospect isn't Wang the same kind of player that Mike Dunleavy is. Two of the same types of players on the floor unless you got two MJ's doesnt get you alot of places.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Wrong!

Originally posted by <b>simmasta2001</b>!
Wang has official signed wit the Golden State Warriors so everyone can stop talking about him.
Nope, he hasn't signed with ANYBODY. Still a free agent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts