1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damon Stoudamire - hasn't been that good since he left

Chauncey Billups - has become a lethal shooter and a good leader

Mark Jackson - one of the best career pg's is now helping Houston to win games

Carlos Arroyo - has proven to be a solid pg while helping Utah to shock the league

Rafer Alston - doing a great job in Miami, filling in for the oft-injured Dwyane Wade

Chris Whitney - begging for minutes in Washington

Lindsay Hunter - a streaky scorer who was helping the Pistons this year before going on the IL

In my opinion, it's a shame to see that Jalen Rose is considered the starting pg after having all of these players pass through.:no:

At least we still have Alvin Williams.:D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
In Grunwald's perspective, why does he think Alvin Williams can be distinguished from the other point guards? I don't see any characteristics that puts Williams a notch above all of them, especially Damon Stoudamire (he has played excellent ball, Rockstone) and Chauncey Billups.

You know what, based on all the transactions Grunwald has done, I think he should retain Moiso, so he can "develop" (which I used to doubt, not knowing about this point guard history) like JunkYardDog13 always says. If Moiso leaves, what if he becomes a magnificent player? That will make Grunwald a step ahead of dismissal.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
In Grunwald's perspective, why does he think Alvin Williams can be distinguished from the other point guards? I don't see any characteristics that puts Williams a notch above all of them, especially Damon Stoudamire (he has played excellent ball, Rockstone) and Chauncey Billups.

You know what, based on all the transactions Grunwald has done, I think he should retain Moiso, so he can "develop" (which I used to doubt, not knowing about this point guard history) like JunkYardDog13 always says. If Moiso leaves, what if he becomes a magnificent player? That will make Grunwald a step ahead of dismissal.
Excellent point guards don't lose their starting positions to 6'8" forwards. Stoudamire has played good, but not as good as he did in Toronto.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Chris Whitney was with the raps? :confused:

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Whitney was in camp for sure a year or two back - think he might have made the roster for a few games anyway - maybe even 5 years back

·
Registered
510 Posts
Chris Whitney was on our roster during the Raptors first season in the NBA. He was tearing it up in pre-season averaging somewhere aroung 16-18 ppg from what I remember, but we cut him before the season started, because we had drafted Damon Stoudamire. And our coach (Brenden Malone) wanted to give Damon lots of minutes.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Re: .

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
Bad trAde OF Damon he should be always a RAPTOR
ur kidding rite? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DINOSAUR</b>!
Chris Whitney was on our roster during the Raptors first season in the NBA. He was tearing it up in pre-season averaging somewhere aroung 16-18 ppg from what I remember, but we cut him before the season started, because we had drafted Damon Stoudamire. And our coach (Brenden Malone) wanted to give Damon lots of minutes.
and we had Jimmy King as the backup right?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rockstone</b>!
Damon Stoudamire - hasn't been that good since he left

Chauncey Billups - has become a lethal shooter and a good leader

Mark Jackson - one of the best career pg's is now helping Houston to win games

Carlos Arroyo - has proven to be a solid pg while helping Utah to shock the league

Rafer Alston - doing a great job in Miami, filling in for the oft-injured Dwyane Wade

Chris Whitney - begging for minutes in Washington

Lindsay Hunter - a streaky scorer who was helping the Pistons this year before going on the IL

In my opinion, it's a shame to see that Jalen Rose is considered the starting pg after having all of these players pass through.:no:

At least we still have Alvin Williams.:D
You cannot put Arroyo in that category since he sucked when he played here.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Re: .

Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
Bad trAde OF Damon he should be always a RAPTOR
If we had kept Stoudamire we would have probably racked up more wins, thus not giving us the option of drafting Vince Carter.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Originally posted by <b>trick</b>!

and we had Jimmy King as the backup right?
Yup, from the fab 5

1 - 13 of 13 Posts