Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What Position Are the Raptors most in need of?

• PG

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • SG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SF

• PF

• C

Votes: 17 63.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The two most obvious arguments are PG and C. I feel that the way our big guys are playing, plus the fact that Bradley is comming back we need a PG. Our offense needs someone who will run our offense properly. Right now everyone is just running around with no direction.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i think we need a PG more. Our offense looks lost at times and i want to see more fast breaks.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
a real PG, no more of this PG/SG stuff.

we're still lacking in a real C, but we've got a good rotation of big men with Brads coming back.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
The biggest impact would be from a PG who can penetrate under control, stop penetration on D, and hit the open shot.

Our perimeter D is bad and needs help. It makes our inside problems look worse than they are by forcing rotations that open up rebounding opportunities.

Now, getting a BigZ, Sheed, or similar big guy would have just as big an impact but I think it is more realistic to think we can pick up a player similar to an Avery Johnson, Derek Fisher, or Chris Childs type. Not those guys but players with their type of skills and fire.

Shouldn't cost us too much either. May even be in the NBDL or CBA.

The bigs available will be more like Arch, Bax, and Moiso. More of the same. Everyone is fighting over a limited supply of bigs.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
with jalen out it is definitely PG for the short term. Bosh can hold his own at center and rotate to PF at times. PG is also much more obtainable.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
point guard. its too simple. if you watch raptor games you can tell they have no flow on offence. rebounding is fine. and points in the paint are low because we take to many jump shots.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One response to the center arguement: Our offensive rebounding is pretty bad, however I think that can often be blamed on how our offense is being run. 9 times out of 10 there is no one even close to the offensive board. If we have a PG who runs the offense properly, there should be more guys in position to grab one of our MULTIPLE missed shots.

I mean for a team with so many we should atleast have the common sense to have a couple guys crashing most of the time!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts