1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
Cool. Might set us up for a nice summer league team this year. Pretty big body and still very young. Looks like he's lost some baby fat. Wonder if he'll get playing time (over Hoffa). Looks like tryouts have begun- hopefully Bosh's minutes are cut back accordingly.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
kirk_2003 said:
the name rings something... i think i liked him in the second round in previous drafts... i forgot which though.. anyways, it's good that we're giving d-leaguers some look...
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/jameslang.htm

that might ring a bell. it sure rang a bell for me. lol. (i had the same feelin u had about this guy)

Reactions: superdude211

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
A guy we actually discussed at length on this board numerous times. Funny how things work out. Looks like Lang is well under 300# in that picture. His conditioning might be better.

Lang has had issues. I wonder if he'll see this as an opportunity to show NBA scouts what he can do. Remember that 10-days are good for the teams that sign the player but they also afford other teams free looks at guys.

Arkansas, too. I wonder if Pape suggested this. Hard to think he would considering what position they both play but who knows?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I really wanted the Raps to take this guy with a late first or early second pick and just work with him for 2 years. Stash him as your 14th or 15 man if you have to and get him a full time trainer and nutritionist. By now he would be far ahead in his development than he is.

He certainly would have been no worse than the Archibald, Baxter, Moiso, Hoff, Sow, Woods experiments.

I remember the stories prior to that draft that this kid had a great motor and was an animal on the boards. His measurements came in below expectations though. Originally was thought to be close to 7 foot but was closer to 6'9" I think. But his standing reach was very good.

I think we have wasted three bad seasons by not having a young prospect like this on our roster and being groomed to be the type of pro we want. Nobody has invested anything into this kid and so he hasnt' shown much progress. People expect skilled bigs to just show up. Why not invest some time and money into developing one? Cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i didnt see him on the bench for the game 2day

·
Registered
11,862 Posts
lucky777s said:
I really wanted the Raps to take this guy with a late first or early second pick and just work with him for 2 years. Stash him as your 14th or 15 man if you have to and get him a full time trainer and nutritionist. By now he would be far ahead in his development than he is.

He certainly would have been no worse than the Archibald, Baxter, Moiso, Hoff, Sow, Woods experiments.

I remember the stories prior to that draft that this kid had a great motor and was an animal on the boards. His measurements came in below expectations though. Originally was thought to be close to 7 foot but was closer to 6'9" I think. But his standing reach was very good.

I think we have wasted three bad seasons by not having a young prospect like this on our roster and being groomed to be the type of pro we want. Nobody has invested anything into this kid and so he hasnt' shown much progress. People expect skilled bigs to just show up. Why not invest some time and money into developing one? Cheaper in the long run.
He even played effectively vs experienced players at the predraft invitational, much like Brandon Rush did last year.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I remember wanting the Raps to take a shot on him in the 2nd when he entered the draft. This is a better use of a roster spot than an injured AD to say the least.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I remember being a big fan of his when he was in the same HS class as Lebron, Outlaw, Perkins and Ebi.

Hopefully he can get some time at C, mite as well even start him seing that Sow is better used as a spark plug off the bench.

He didnt get to see the floor with the Hawks, but they have some decent C with Zaza.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.