Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Good find Vinsanity.

DeAngelo has had plenty of problems in the past. His court game is very impressive tho. To read more about DeAngelo click the link at the bottom.

DeAngelo Collins- Espn

Look's like a great pick up if he can stay away from injuries and off-courts issues.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I haven't read this anywhere else, but I wouldn't mind seeing some real raw talent for AD and Dream to take under their wings. I haven't seen this kid at all, so I don't have much of an opinion.

I like this little sub direction the Raps are going, with trying to stock pile vets the last couple of years were finally trying to even it out. We have our experienced Vets and now we have some younger players who can develope and slowly put into the rotation.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
DeAngelo Collins- Espn
"Positives: Collins has the quickness and shooting touch of a guard, but the size, and shot-blocking ability of a center. Runs the floor well. A solid rebounder who can jump out of the gym. An excellent athlete."

Sounds exciting, hopefully he can make the roster. I like the fact that he runs the floor well and is a solid rebounder. :yes:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Originally posted by Vinsanity

o he'll make it, we gotta get Smush Parker
You seem pretty high on this guy, what makes you think this guy could be a Raptor?? I haven't heard too much about him, and have never seen him play. So bring me up to date??

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
0% chance Vinsanity that we could or want to sign him.

He's really not that great Raptors32. He's a 6-1 average guard who has no shot of being a starting PG for any NBA team. He was not drafted.

The Orlando Magic signed him and are bringing him to their training camp. Sorry to get your hopes up .

·
Registered
405 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
The Orlando Magic signed him and are bringing him to their training camp. Sorry to get your hopes up .
The Magic signed him, then he is the enemy. LOL, of course I'm just joking.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
im glad we get to try out this kid. he had his problems but he has potential....he is young and athletic and will learn from players on the team if given a chance....hope ad can straighten him out

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll tell you a guy I like is Brandon Dean. He is only 6'1 but he has a 40 inch vertical (he tied for first against a 6'8 guy in that dunk contest that was held at the final 4) and can shoot the NBA three. And if I'm not mistaken Dean led his Arkansas in blocks last year. If he can improve his point guard skills he could be a good player.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
The question is, who on the Raps can be this kids mentor and help him straighten up and fly right? I don't really see anyone on the current roster that would be willing to help Collins make the transition. One plus though, is that he is in Canada and away from his friends and bad influences.

I hope he can rebound from a dissapointing draft day......

·
Registered
405 Posts
Originally posted by Vinsanity
Davis..........Carter maybe?
Yes, definately Davis the way he took Al Harrington under his wing in Indiana. I'm sure everyone from the Dream to JYD will be there to teach and encourage.

So I guess KC if you look into the Raptors roster you will see many players capable of taking him under their wing and help his transition from high school.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts