Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GG should do something now...anything...i can't bear watching this bull****...Vince is a -----. DO SOMETHING GG, i can't even look at the raptors anymore it pisses me off. be it juwan howard, cliff, oak. i had an idea that we'd pick up Rodman...i dunno if this would do anything but at least it would liven things up, maybe get some juices flowing.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You realize that nba gms don't ****in make a trade or do something drastic based on a few games right? Every team goes through ruts. Give them a chance...are you a real fan? They should have been able to beat milwaukee but damn man give them a chance.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Actually, the Raptors temporarily officially do suck, because they are 20-21. :rolleyes: The Raptors have completed the 1st half of the season. Before anyone says anything crap, or even complimenting during the 2nd half, I suggest y'all rather keep your thoughts on the Raptors untill the end of the season.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
I wouldn't go that far but they are definetly not playing the way that they should be this late in the season, if it was at the beggining of the year with a new coach and new players i'd understand but after 41 games you gotta play much better then this crap that is called basketball

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
screw that real fan real fan --------, i cant even bear watching this team anymore.....i mean okay they win one game that gets us excited abit then the following game they lose and then they lose again and again, i mean its like they're teasing us, they should just tank again

you guys try so hard to be a "loyal fan", but a real fan gets mad and criticizes the team when they're not playing to their full potential

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sammysamosa</b>!
u guyz think the rodman thing may work??
honestly i dont think the problem is up front. yell and bosh are playing way better then oak and davis ever did. the problem is guys like carter, alvin, curry, mo pete are all settling for the jumpers when they are not good jump shooters. even yell is taking way to many jump shots. atleast rose will try to post his man up or go to the hoop. sure he's not getting the calls but come on. alvin is a terrible jump shooter and vince has totally lost his touch. these guys have to take it to the hoop. but i don't see this team being aggresive. it's not the coach because we have had the same problem with lenny.

i honestly think we need a point guard and a small foward/shooting guard surround vince with guys who slash to the basket and make good decisions on every play.

i think roger mason jr will be a good guard for us in the future but we still need that point guard that can run the show and it's not alvin williams.

oh yeah and it's not MILT PALACIO!

a guy like richard hamilton would be nice a guy like jason richardson would be nice even a guy like desmond mason would help this team greatly!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Vinsanity</b>!
screw that real fan real fan --------, i cant even bear watching this team anymore.....i mean okay they win one game that gets us excited abit then the following game they lose and then they lose again and again, i mean its like they're teasing us, they should just tank again

you guys try so hard to be a "loyal fan", but a real fan gets mad and criticizes the team when they're not playing to their full potential
you think that what sammy said is criticism?? Telling GG to make a trade or sign anyone? Thats just an uneducated fan underestimating the difficulty of actually pulling off a swap. The guys mentioned (rodman, oakley) will do absolutely NOTHING for us!!! why do we need a 40+ yr old player taking up baxter's minutes? they play the same position. theres no point in bringing in ANOTHER power forward...we need a BIG guy who can log solid minutes at centre. If we cant get that then why pull off a deal? For the sake of making one? NO. this is the NBA not a fantasy league where you dont have to think about the ramifications of a deal before u make it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well the Raptors are playing really crappy lately but i could go as far to say "they suck"...I mean at the half of the season we are under .500 which we could improve...VC didnt have the vibe in the game against bucks...I think hes just got to get used to shooting on his knee again...I expect him to be back in tip top shape by sundays game against the Chigago Bulls..But yeah the Raptors do have to do some MAJOR trade at the deadline...that will change them in the long run and provide even more option to Vince Carter

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
do you guys not realize that we're shorthanded? that we're not fully healthy? yes, deals have to be made...but we don't have a lot to deal with so it takes time.

GG has done a good job putting some talent around VC. now it's a matter of tinkering and picking up some good talent.

KO has turned this team around and his name was mentioned in coach of the year talks a week or so ago. He was without two of his top players and he still had us in games. To call for a coaching change is brainless.

Give the team some time and remember that we're starting over from the third worst record in the league. KO, VC, and our rookie, Bosh, have all been doing an admirable job this season.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Vince has all the talents he needs, he is still going to be double team or even tripple team despite the offensive talents around him, because you the teams dont help on Vince, the defense plays Vince from get go at the team standpoint.

You see some so called great players like Marbury, Pierce or even McGrady, double teams or even tripple teams will throw at him but the entire defense isnt to play against them like defense play Vince, Iverson, Shaq and Duncan.

Teams still cheat on Vince even the talents he has around him, just like they cheat on Shaq, Duncan, Iverson no matter what. Because there are no off games for them when your entire defense dont play him right the way.

You all see Vince assists number goes up dramatically but teams dont and didnt change their game plan defensively, they still think Vince is their offense as opposed to losers in Dallas, Kings, or even the Nets where they have 3, 4 scoring options.

Enough with bull, Vince now MUST develop a mid-range game. Or I know he does have a better one but he has to always use it as his main scoring repitore. To prevent overusing his kness, to prevent stupid injuries but still could get his points in the course of the game. That's what Jordan did in the first 3 quarters, but be himself where he seperate himself from the other swingmans in the 4th quarter.

T-mac is the Michael Jordan of the first three quarters in the year 1995-1998 minus the off-the-ball jump shots and movment interms style of play. He is smart, take what the defense gives him, score easy baskets here and there. But Jordan doesnt play like that in the 4th quarter or in clutch time. He will suddenly turn his game on to another level, but T-mac just doesnt have it. So despite T-mac scoring 30 a game, that is the exactly type of player wont get his team a championship, but we get Vince Carter who can play like Jordan in the 4th quarter but lack of the understanding of the game like T-mac getting points easily with court awareness and court smarts.

Anyway, Vince is the only guy we can vuiuld to win a championship, all the trade ideas are stupid because we arent getting the same on return desipte some trades involved big men.

·
Registered
745 Posts
KO needs to shake up the lineup. Get some new faces into the game. Sit Mo Pete for a game, don't play Baxter. Right now they are getting comfortable and playing like garbage.
Throw guys like Lammond, Mason and Moiso in there so players realize they have to play hard and earn playing time.
Right now if they screw up they know they will likely not be taking out.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
I had prposed a trade to get Ely but will change it it here

we send mo pete Murray future 1st rnd pick (2005)
for Ely, we also bring in Oak for leadership and to pressure Vince to play with passion.

New line up

PG Rose/Williams/Palacio
SG Carter/Williams
SM Marshell/Curry
PF Bosh/Baxter/Oakley
C Ely/Bradley/Baxter

de activated players
Moiso
Archibald
Mason JR

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Junkyard Dog13</b>!
I had prposed a trade to get Ely but will change it it here

we send mo pete Murray future 1st rnd pick (2005)
for Ely, we also bring in Oak for leadership and to pressure Vince to play with passion.

New line up

PG Rose/Williams/Palacio
SG Carter/Williams
SM Marshell/Curry
PF Bosh/Baxter/Oakley
C Ely/Bradley/Baxter

de activated players
Moiso
Archibald
Mason JR

we're not allowed to trade that first rounder. we have cleveland's upcoming second rounder though.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I hate these threads they are pointless... hey Orlando and Chicago suck too did u know that... so u know what i dont watch them... simple as that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.