Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The Toronto Raptors announced Tuesday their schedule for Samsung NBA Summer League 2015 in Las Vegas. Twenty-four teams will participate in a tournament-style format to crown this year’s champion. Teams will compete in three preliminary round games from July 10-14, before being seeded in a tournament running through the championship game on July 20. Each team is guaranteed to play at least five games.
Link

Looking forward to seeing Bruno and his new high fade.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Who are the last five guys?? Don't recognize any of their names.
And finally the roster contains most of our players, under our own control and development... Seriously how crazzzy good is that!?!?! As Masai said that's the best event of this whole season by far !

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I hope Phil Scrubb makes the team....
Me too, had a couple chances to see him play. Definitely good enough to be an NCAA guy, but also a huuuuge longshot. That whole team could hold its own when it plays up, too.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Full roster added to the OP.

We've got a lot of players that I'm interested in seeing. The Bachinskyi brothers are huge, but are they mobile enough for the NBA?

Bebe, DeAndre, Bruno, Delon and Powell will see the majority of court time, and I can't wait to see the improvements in Bebe & Bruno.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I read a news a couple weeks ago about Tyrus Thomas being part of our summer league team. I don't see him on the roster though.
I've heard nothing on this. I would be surprised if true. He gave the NBA a shot, he wasn't good enough. Playing in the SL isn't going to convince anybody he is, even if he dominates.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not that he's part of the SL team, but I love that Valanciunas is out with the team putting in reps. More great news, he's working on his speed and explosiveness, which is highlighted in this video;

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
WOW!!!!
Caboclo looking very comfortable on the drives, the threes and defense.
Wright's ready to go, Carroll looks sharp and so did Bebe!! It's going to be an excellent summer league and can't wait to see them develop over the upcoming D-League season.
Now that's excinting !!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Had a chance to watch the game.

Bebe looked great, a lot of activity on both ends and did a good job finishing at the rim. Looked like a longer, less polished Amir out there.

Delon Wright looked nice, was able to play with pace and was disruptive in passing lanes but not convinced that it will translate to the next level just yet.

Bruno is clearly oozing with potential, definitely worth that 20th pick last year, but he is still probably one or two years away. He has some skills and a great body but just doesn't look ready.

Finally, Norman Powell looked really good, I'm surprised. Was really disruptive on defense and showed some touch on the jump shot. It isn't a pretty release, but he looked like he could play 15 minutes for us tomorrow. Some of this speaks to our weak wing rotation but he has promise.

Overall our guys that we will roster looked impressive. Hopefully they pan out, summer league should be exciting for us, for sure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts