Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<a href="http://www.tribnet.com/sports/story/1449324p-1567643c.html">Lewis unhappy</a href>

In the article, it states that Lewis may sign with another team for the mid-level exception just to piss off the Sonics, who offered him $49 million instead of the $102 million he was expecting, just so they could stay under the tax threshold. Obviously this didn't have to happen. *cough*cough*Vin Baker*cough*Jerome James*cough*cough*

Anyway I'm not sure if the Wizards are over or under the cap, but if they are over, you think MJ regrets using the mid-level exception on Larry Hughes, when the Wiz already have 3 point guards and Rip Hamilton at two? Lewis would be a great fit starting the 3 for the Wizards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, its pretty unfortunate, unless of course the Wizards were to bite the bullet so to speak and do a sign-and-trade deal of some sort. Apparently a lot of GMs in the league think he's somewhat overrated though, and since that would pretty much kill our ability to go after a big name free agent in 2k3, I'm not sure he'd be worth it. I'd much rather try to put the team in a place where it becomes as attractive as possible to someone like Duncan, while conserving enough cap room to make it feasible to acquire him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts