Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the days max being thrown to any rookie with solid stats exiting their rookie contract, seeming to be going to way of the dinosaur, not many of these younger players are able to accept it. And that more or less has shown to be a good thing, now your teams won't throw that long guaranteed contract to someone who doesn't deserve, as fast as they would have in the past.

I'm a fan of Rashard Lewis, but I'll come out and say it right now 16.8 ppg is not deserving of a maximum contract. As much promise as he might have, I don't think he should get the money until he earns it.

I might get tons of people who disagree, but what leverage does Lewis actually have? Sure he could step up and have a potential all star season here, but what does it say when he says one offer is too litte, but turns his head and looks elsewhere for the 4.5 exception from other teams?

And now while going on his tour he runs out with the routine saying that Seattle is still his first choice. He may say that he was dissapointed in the offer, but they pay for the play today, not the next day. And no matter what, I find it almost impossible for there not to be some bitter feelings towards him from the Supersonic fan base.

You can sorta tell that Seattle was preparring for this, with the upcoming of Radmonovic, it seemed to make tons of sense. They resign James, they have have a solid nucleus. Seattle is already moving on..

And it seems like Lewis is taking the brunt of the hurt, atleast in his wallet. I guess, I'll just sit and wait to see how this plays out.

-Tim

·
Registered
924 Posts
Agree...

Lewis is asking for too much moola...They should just not resign him. It would leave more time for Radmanovic and Mason. Both could become stars in the near future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts