Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think it would take to acquire Lewis in a trade come February 19th? Lewis would be a perfect SF in our lineup and they have Vlad who could easily slide into that spot. We have two young big man and I am sure they would want one of them plus maybe Crawford. Post what you think Seattle might want.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Seattle would probably want both Crawford and Curry to address their needs at the PG and C. IMO, we pay a lot and create 2 holes while plugging up one. Bad move on our part.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whether he is or not is not the point. Although he should be. That team has duplication in Shard and Vlad and desperately needs a quality post presence and size to compete out West. They are stuck now in a battle for just the 8th spot. The ceiling on their current mix of player is not very high as a unit because of their lack of a quality big man. Curry would be a huge pickup for them not to mention Seattle native JC at the point. They would HAVE to be interested in something like this.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
wait til the draft and work something out with them. I think they would be amicable to doing something since they are loaded on the wing and we are loaded upfront

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
They would HAVE to be interested in something like this.
Why?

Because you want Shard?

Most trades I look at and think yes maybe they could happen, but it would only be possible if you eliminated the other NBA teams not involved...

Basically that means other teams could more than likely offer better deals for the players some people would like us to acquire.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who cares if getting Lewis means losing JC and Curry? A Hinrich,Lewis,Pippen,Gill,Chandler,JYD,Davis plus our upcoming draft pick is a very nice group. Not to mention any filler that might be coming from Seattle. Someone like Daniels could be a valuable piece.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
arenas if you have a problem with me take it up with me in PM. Otherwise quit lashing out at me in my threads. If you had read my post you would understand my logic.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

Why?

Because you want Shard?

Most trades I look at and think yes maybe they could happen, but it would only be possible if you eliminated the other NBA teams not involved...

Basically that means other teams could more than likely offer better deals for the players some people would like us to acquire.
I guess it is possible that Seattle would be interested in a Curry/Crawford combo for Lewis. But then my question becomes why would the Bulls be interested in that?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Who cares if getting Lewis means losing JC and Curry? A Hinrich,Lewis,Pippen,Gill,Chandler,JYD,Davis plus our upcoming draft pick is a very nice group. Not to mention any filler that might be coming from Seattle. Someone like Daniels could be a valuable piece.
I do for one. I think overpaying to get a player like Lewis by giving away two young players that the Bulls are banking their future on is folly.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Daniels would be a nice piece, but then again, why not sign him when he was actually AVAILABLE in the offseason.

This is the same guy who is the reason Luke Ridnour will now have DNP-Coach's Decision on the box scores.

I agree wtih RLucas, wait until the draft, then see the possibilities of making a deal...

As it is, most trade proposals here are trying to rob teams of their star players thinking they're going to buy into all the "potential" JC, EC, and TC possess.

Get serious, teams aren't idiots, they're not going to trade their proven talent who still in some cases of some potential not reached for our potential who "secretly behind doors" most of you are calling "busts".

This makes me laugh, simply because if a guy like JC sucks, which most of you would bet money he does, how is he good enough to be packaged in a deal to "reel in" a star a player?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts

Daniels would be a nice piece, but then again, why not sign him when he was actually AVAILABLE in the offseason.

This is the same guy who is the reason Luke Ridnour will now have DNP-Coach's Decision on the box scores.

I agree wtih RLucas, wait until the draft, then see the possibilities of making a deal...

As it is, most trade proposals here are trying to rob teams of their star players thinking they're going to buy into all the "potential" JC, EC, and TC possess.

Get serious, teams aren't idiots, they're not going to trade their proven talent who still in some cases of some potential not reached for our potential who "secretly behind doors" most of you are calling "busts".

This makes me laugh, simply because if a guy like JC sucks, which most of you would bet money he does, how is he good enough to be packaged in a deal to "reel in" a star a player?
I have to disagree somewhat. I think most GM's are fully aware of JC & EC's potential and I bet most of them wouldn't mind having either or both of them one bit. Lewis isn't exactly 100% proven himself. In any case, I don't see how a trade like this would make the Bulls better. Sometimes you have to let the chips ride and I think thats where we are now.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

I have to disagree somewhat. I think most GM's are fully aware of JC & EC's potential and I bet most of them wouldn't mind having either or both of them one bit. Lewis isn't exactly 100% proven himself. In any case, I don't see how a trade like this would make the Bulls better. Sometimes you have to let the chips ride and I think thats where we are now.
Oh no, I wasn't saying they don't have potential...

My argument is towards the bbnet Bulls GM's who call these guys busts, yet throw them out there in trade proposals to bring in stars.

I'd like to see us get healthy and then see what this team can do...we have yet to see that, and when we do, I think we'll see the team everyone has been looking for.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am sick and tired if letting the chips ride. Bottomline is that it is not working here for either JC or Curry. At some point you have to move on. Both are talented maybe it will work somewhere else. JC+Curry for Shard is not overpaying IMO. Not when we still would have Kirk,TC,upcoming draft pick plus veterans like Davis, JYD, Gill, and Pippen.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I agree with ACE. Giving up Curry and Chandler for Lewis is too much for the Bulls to lose. I've been as critical of these two as any but I also know that there's talent there and you don't just let it walk away. I don't want this franchise to be a farm club for the rest of the league. I want them to hold onto some of this youthful talent and give them the time they need to either prove their worth or lack of it.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts

Oh no, I wasn't saying they don't have potential...

My argument is towards the bbnet Bulls GM's who call these guys busts, yet throw them out there in trade proposals to bring in stars.

I'd like to see us get healthy and then see what this team can do...we have yet to see that, and when we do, I think we'll see the team everyone has been looking for.
Well, I agree with you there. I guess I was just saying that the GM's probably value JC & EC a LOT more than most posters here. Heck, the peanut vendor at the UC probably values them more than most posters in here.

In any case, I definitley think the Bulls will be much improved once everyone is healthy and much better still when they have a chance to grow together some.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I like Kirk, but some of you seem to have this idea that we should build the franchise around him and that scares me...

Especially considering Kirk would be a backup on at least 90% of the other NBA teams...

Let's ship out Jamal and Eddy who would start on at least 90% of NBA teams...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Paxson is not going to give these guys forever to prove themselves. He is determined to put a winner on the court as soon as possible. If that includes them fine if not then they are gone. He will not give them much more time especially not with Crawford and his impending FA.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts