Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peter Vecsey's valet called today and shared with me that Rasheed requested a no-trade clause be added to any new contract he was offered by the Blazers. And, that Paul & Co. politely refused - thus, setting into motion the beginning of parting of ways between the two sides.

Seriously, though, I heard this from a fairly reputable source, and friend.

Anyone else catching wind of that spicy development?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Some guy with a dancing purple dinosaur posted something similar on another thread.

Glad you started a new thread, because it was tangential enough that even I didn't want to comment on it in the other one.

If Rasheed wanted a no-trade: I'm happy to know that he wanted to stay in Portland and somewhat sad it didn't work out...

BUT...

He hasn't earned that kind of guarantee from the team. Every player on the Blazers is and should remain a commodity that can be leveraged for the betterment of the team. I'm glad that Allen and company agreed, but I can't imagine Rasheed or his agent seriously thinking that he was going to get a no-trade clause after all the issues he's had (and caused) in Portland.

Ed O.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

....He hasn't earned that kind of guarantee from the team. Every player on the Blazers is and should remain a commodity that can be leveraged for the betterment of the team. I'm glad that Allen and company agreed, but I can't imagine Rasheed or his agent seriously thinking that he was going to get a no-trade clause after all the issues he's had (and caused) in Portland.

Ed O.
I'm totally in agreement with you there, Ed. In fact, the thought of Sheed (or, his agent) even considering such a concept/notion, is audacious - at best.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
Peter Vecsey's valet called today and shared with me that Rasheed requested a no-trade clause be added to any new contract he was offered by the Blazers. And, that Paul & Co. politely refused - thus, setting into motion the beginning of parting of ways between the two sides.

Seriously, though, I heard this from a fairly reputable source, and friend.

Anyone else catching wind of that spicy development?

Seriously man, how much rehashed crap must you post a day? All of your threads have to do with stuff we can catch on the front page of ESPN, ETC. :drool:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Rasheed Requested "No-Trade" Clause With The Blazers?

Originally posted by <b>Todd</b>!

Seriously man, how much rehashed crap must you post a day? All of your threads have to do with stuff we can catch on the front page of ESPN, ETC. :drool:
:laugh:

Thanks for the compliment. I like to keep busy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Let me take this one boys!

Be it that I'm the one everyone loves to go toe to toe with on this board, I think it's fair to say TODDDDDDD, ABM is one of the good guys here. You might be a little more polite next time.;)

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
If Sheed really wanted to stay in PDX,then this trade upsets me.
What if upper-management called you into their office and told you that they were accepting your $100+ g's a year salary -- only to have you respond, "Oh, yeah, I want a guaranteed contract for 3 years, too."?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Mas, let's say we paid Sheed 40 mill over five years and he decided once he signed that contract with a no trade to become a huger than life jerk?

Do you know how hard it is to trade a player with a contract like that?

We'd be screwed for the entire length of the contract.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hmmm...you guys are FAR too lenient on Todd. I was about to open a can on him but I thought better of it.

Let me just say Todd that ABM is one of the classiest, nicest guys I've EVER had the pleasure of meeting over the internet.

Small piece of advice: If you're looking to fit in and become part of the community you're going about it the wrong way.

I for one appreciate ABM's threads. I don't have the time to go all over the net looking for news about my Blazers--ABM brings it to me!

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
Let me take this one boys!

Be it that I'm the one everyone loves to go toe to toe with on this board, I think it's fair to say TODDDDDDD, ABM is one of the good guys here. You might be a little more polite next time.;)
Yeah! You tell 'em, terrible! I mean, who could hate an avatar like mine? ;) (BTW, stolen from some poster over on one of the other boards. It's starting to make me a little dizzy, so I'll probaly lose it soon.)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Originally posted by <b>talman</b>!

I for one appreciate ABM's threads. I don't have the time to go all over the net looking for news about my Blazers--ABM brings it to me!
Amen...keep up the good work ABM!! :)

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>talman</b>!
Hmmm...you guys are FAR too lenient on Todd. I was about to open a can on him but I thought better of it.

Let me just say Todd that ABM is one of the classiest, nicest guys I've EVER had the pleasure of meeting over the internet.

Small piece of advice: If you're looking to fit in and become part of the community you're going about it the wrong way.

Thank You. :cry:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
ABM? Did you ever see the movie with Hugh Grant and Tom Arnold called 9 months or something like that?

Anyway the both of them were in a toy store and they had a purple critter like yours who kept flipping them nonsense behind their back and finally they both commenced to beating the hell out of it in front of all these little kids and parents.

Yours reminds me of that!

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by <b>Terrible</b>!
ABM? Did you ever see the movie with Hugh Grant and Tom Arnold called 9 months or something like that?

Anyway the both of them were in a toy store and they had a purple critter like yours who kept flipping them nonsense behind their back and finally they both commenced to beating the hell out of it in front of all these little kids and parents.

Yours reminds me of that!
Hmmmmm.......missed that. No fears, though. Let me pop over to ESPN and see what they have to say on the matter. ;)

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!

What if upper-management called you into their office and told you that they were accepting your $100+ g's a year salary -- only to have you respond, "Oh, yeah, I want a guaranteed contract for 3 years, too."?
Portland was asking Sheed to take a big paycut, right? And asking Sheed to sign early before testing the market.

If Sheed was considering a deal that might be less than an open market offer, why the heck shouldn't he ask for a No Trade clause?

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>johnston797</b>!

Portland was asking Sheed to take a big paycut, right? And asking Sheed to sign early before testing the market.

If Sheed was considering a deal that might be less than an open market offer, why the heck shouldn't he ask for a No Trade clause?
Rumor was, he was offered offered a $60mil, multi-year contract. Now, he's looking at the MLE.

You do the math.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well, I never said that he wasn't nice. All I am saying is that he post alot of stuff that most of us fans have already seen in our day to day surfing.

Go ahead and open the can Talman! When a guy can't voice his opinion on a internet board, without getting flamed by the fanboys, something is very wrong.

ABM, I enjoy some of your posts, but others I think just clutter up the board.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Oh yeah, thanks for the 1 star guys. Guess having a different opinion than the rest really warrants it:uhoh:

·
Registered
813 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Todd</b>!
Well, I never said that he wasn't nice. All I am saying is that he post alot of stuff that most of us fans have already seen in our day to day surfing.

Go ahead and open the can Talman! When a guy can't voice his opinion on a internet board, without getting flamed by the fanboys, something is very wrong.

ABM, I enjoy some of your posts, but others I think just clutter up the board.
Please point out to me where I said that people can't have/ voice differing viewpoints on this board (see Ed O. :D ).

I'm not sure how many internet bulletin boards you've been around Todd but when you're the new guy, it's best to tread a little softly.

Here's a link for you:

Link for Todd

1 - 20 of 28 Posts