Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Why was he reguarded as having such "horrible character"? Last I checked his Techinicals were down(really has nothing to do with character) , he hasn't been in trouble with the law, he has been doing more interviews with Wheels,etc, he does C-Mas Tree drives,Coat drives,food drives..what is wrong with his character that was sooo terribly bad? Please don't bring up that no talking to the media garbage either.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You are saying this tongue-in-cheek, right? Rasheed doesn't have bad character? :laugh:

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
Please don't bring up that no talking to the media garbage either.
If you want the truth, that has to be brought up.

Jordan - Cheated on his wife? Gambles (perhaps, but friendly wagers are for insane amounts)? Still praised... because he has a great relationship with the media.

Kidd - Beats his wife? Demanding? Yup, yup. Still praised, at times criticized... because he has a good relationship with the media.

Wallace - Tech record? Going after a ref? Yeah. But unless he talks to the media they will never write about the good things he does. Why would they? The material they have now sells. I argued in the main NBA forum if he were to do a game recap and slip in some tidbit about his life, I'm sure that some writer would pick it up and run with it for a bit.

-Petey

·
Registered
673 Posts
Jordan - The most complete basketball player in history, never took a minute off, let alone a night. Teammates can count on him at every moment to be his best. Improved himself every year.

Kidd - Plays his butt off every game, complete player, team leader on the court, clutch performer.

Wallace - inconsistent, waste of talent, under-achiever, poor work ethic, is less productive than in previous years, unprofessional, poor example in the community, did more to embarass portland than any other person in the history of the city. SEE YA!

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
lets not forget Larry Bird... not very gifted athletic wise, btu his tireless work ethic seperated him from the pack and made him a legend...

and his offcourt life was not exactly perfect either, but he got along well with the media

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TP3</b>!
Jordan - The most complete basketball player in history, never took a minute off, let alone a night. Teammates can count on him at every moment to be his best. Improved himself every year.

Kidd - Plays his butt off every game, complete player, team leader on the court, clutch performer.

Wallace - inconsistent, waste of talent, under-achiever, poor work ethic, is less productive than in previous years, unprofessional, poor example in the community, did more to embarass portland than any other person in the history of the city. SEE YA!
K-Mart - NBA Wrecking Ball 2 years ago. Bullied players about left and right. Talking to the papers? Yup and look at the all-star now.

Sprewell - What did he do to his coach again? Loved by the NY media. Broken his hand, lied to the NY media, campaigned to trade him away.

Talking to the media helps, no matter how much people don't want to beleive it.

-Petey

·
Registered
51 Posts

is this the same kidd who gets every one of he's coaches fired? the same one that quit playing until the coach was fired this year?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>knickerbocker2k2</b>!
is this the same kidd who gets every one of he's coaches fired? the same one that quit playing until the coach was fired this year?
Same Kidd. But I doubt he stopped playing. It's just that Scott is an idiot. Check out the Nets forum here. More then 75% of the forum said it should had been done long ago. He is horrible at adjusting and has a hard time developing players. You think Zoran would had shown improvement under Scott? Maybe improvement in sitting in proper form.

His previous incidents I can't comment on as I don't know more about them.

-Petey

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>knickerbocker2k2</b>!

the same kidd who beat his wife...

compete all you want, but beating your wife, once or twice, or always, makes you a pile of smeg in my book. I don't care if you bring my team a title.

·
Registered
51 Posts
rasheed has got a bad rap..he's been made to look like a horrible person, when in fact there's soo many bad characters in the nba who are much worser then him, but for some reason they get off the hook..

rasheed is for the most part at fault..he's on court immaturity & antics didnt help him..but other then the incident with damon in the car, what has he done off the court that warrants this reputation of being a "bad character"?

·
Registered
673 Posts
To sum up my previous post for those who are in need of a summary...

Fans forgive the off court stuff if you take care of business on the floor in a professional manner and perform at a high level consistently. No one likes what any of those guys have done off the court but they flat-out get it done on the court. Rasheed just didn't get it done. Period. SEE YA!

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
To sum up my previous post for those who are in need of a summary...

Fans forgive the off court stuff if you take care of business on the floor in a professional manner and perform at a high level consistently. No one likes what any of those guys have done off the court but they flat-out get it done on the court. Rasheed just didn't get it done. Period. SEE YA!
OK, a serious question for you.

By any objective measurement, Sheed was more valuable and productive than Rueben Patterson. Yes, RP always looks like he is playing hard, but in terms of team success he hasn't "taken care of business" any more than Sheed.

As far as character goes, there is no contest. RP not only raped a woman, he pled "no contest", which is a fancy way of saying "I am legally guilty, but I feel no remorse or responsibility".

So, why is Sheed the target of all the anger?

Is it because he was "only" a good player, rather than a superstar?

Is it because he was badly overpaid?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Rasheed had 'bad character' because he had such a poor work ethic. He had oodles of talent but refused to use it, he was horribly inconsistant and he DIDN'T CARE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts