·
Registered
1,486 Posts
lots a good movies

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Since my last post in this thread, 6 days ago:
Snatch 6/10 Funny and even somewhat gripping. Maybe I just watched it too soon after Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but plot seemed overly disjointed and complex.
The Blues Brothers 3/10 Mediocre. Didn't find it very funny, the plot wasn't interesting (car chases can only take you so far) and that leaves only the music, which I didn't think too much of, in general.
Galaxy Quest: 4/10 Some funny parts, mostly pretty stupid
The Jerk 5/10 Average. I find Martin funnier than some, but obviously not a great movie
Lost in Translation 5/10: Worthwhile for being atmospheric, but not very interesting to me
AliG Indahouse: 6/10 I am a sucker for Ali G, even though fiction destroys the premise - unabashed absurdity worked well.
Hackers: 7/10 I am all about the unintentional comedy, and the portrayal of computers had me laughing the whole movie.

Mostly in the last week I have been watching The Sopranos and Six Feet Under instead of movies, though; both very good.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
jdg said:
What the bleep do we know? 7/10

The content was very interesting, but was not convincing to me in the least despite their best efforts. Extremely hard to rate since i hated much of what was said, but thoroughly enjoyed the experience of watching it.

I thought that movie was absolutely terrible.

But hey, that's just me.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
LuckyAC said:
Since my last post in this thread, 6 days ago:
Snatch 6/10 Funny and even somewhat gripping. Maybe I just watched it too soon after Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, but plot seemed overly disjointed and complex.
The Blues Brothers 3/10 Mediocre. Didn't find it very funny, the plot wasn't interesting (car chases can only take you so far) and that leaves only the music, which I didn't think too much of, in general.
Galaxy Quest: 4/10 Some funny parts, mostly pretty stupid
The Jerk 5/10 Average. I find Martin funnier than some, but obviously not a great movie
Lost in Translation 5/10: Worthwhile for being atmospheric, but not very interesting to me
AliG Indahouse: 6/10 I am a sucker for Ali G, even though fiction destroys the premise - unabashed absurdity worked well.
Hackers: 7/10 I am all about the unintentional comedy, and the portrayal of computers had me laughing the whole movie.

Mostly in the last week I have been watching The Sopranos and Six Feet Under instead of movies, though; both very good.

You gave "Hackers" a 7 but gave "Lost in Translation" a 5, "The Jerk" a 5, and "The Blues Brothers" a 3?

:hurl:

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
"A History of Violence" 7.5/10

Loved the violent scenes and the overriding conflict, but Cronenberg should be flogged for his portrayal of the kids and the ridiculously contrived sex scene.

The movie fascinated me and pissed me off a the same time...pissed off because it could have been incredibly good.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The Truth said:
You gave "Hackers" a 7 but gave "Lost in Translation" a 5, "The Jerk" a 5, and "The Blues Brothers" a 3?

:hurl:
Not because it was a good movie, just because the unintentional comedy was so high (possibly the most ridiculous serious portrayal of anything I have ever seen), same reason Manos, The Hands of fate was possible my most enjoable movie watching experience :) I have the MST3K philosophy.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Mindhunters with Christian Slater and LL Cool J and some other people

one minor scene pretty much sums the movie up. Some character, who's an FBI profiler, and presumABly a pretty sharp guy, accuses another of being the killer because she didn't get picked to join some elite team. Which she found out about ONE day earlier

So he uses his profiling skills to determine that she found out she was being let go, got really mad, then immediately got on a plane to an island she had no idea existed, and brought a team of 1000 engineers with her to build complex traps overnight

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yao Mania said:
Tom Yum Goong (well last movie I saw in theatres anyway)

AWESOME - 10/10. Hope it'll be shown in the US soon enough.
OT: It's out already? Do you know where to buy the DVD?

Back to topic:
Guess Who: 8/10
Batman Begins: 8.5/10

·
Remember My Name
5,229 Posts
ansoncarter said:
Mindhunters with Christian Slater and LL Cool J and some other people

one minor scene pretty much sums the movie up. Some character, who's an FBI profiler, and presumABly a pretty sharp guy, accuses another of being the killer because she didn't get picked to join some elite team. Which she found out about ONE day earlier

So he uses his profiling skills to determine that she found out she was being let go, got really mad, then immediately got on a plane to an island she had no idea existed, and brought a team of 1000 engineers with her to build complex traps overnight
kind of...

yeah the plot wasnt that intelligent, but it was an entertaining movie....

any just saw the pianist 8.5/10

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
X-Factor said:
She can't act worth anything. She's so unemotional in this movie. It's pretty horendous.
If you see a Jessica Alba movie in search of good acting, you're a bit off in the head. Here are some things you should look for:

Boobs
Stomach
Legs
Face

There you go.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Oldboy for a second time 10/10

This movie is storytelling at its most poetic and depressing. I got the deeper meaning of the film and what they were trying to portray, the first time around I was so distracted by the "Gross out Scenes" that I missed the actually message of the film, definitely recommended for anyone with a strong stomach and an open mind. (If you watch it remember that, the Sin that is committed in the film is the worst possible thing you can do in Korean culture).

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
The Excorcism of Emily Rose 9/10.

Really, Really different from the excorcist. makes you walk away feeling lucky you don't have a demon in you. crazy disturbing.

41 - 60 of 8114 Posts