Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What do you think of the current state of the NBA? 1: It sucks. 10: It's great.

Votes: 2 3.9%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 4 7.8%

Votes: 4 7.8%

Votes: 14 27.5%

Votes: 13 25.5%

Votes: 12 23.5%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the current version of the NBA? Let's say the Magic-Bird era of the 1980's, with those classic battles between the Lakers and Celtics, is a 10, and the no shot clock era of the 1940's, with guys running around shooting underhand jumpshots, is a 1. With that in mind, where would you rank the current state of league? What's good? What's bad? What should be changed?

Personally I'd like to see the league crack down on the hop step and start enforcing the travelling rule. That's my biggest gripe with the NBA.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
8 for me. With Duncan, Garnett, McGrady, Bryant, James, Nowitzki, Stoudemire, Wade, Bosh, among others...there's a current class of very elite, entertaining players.

Further, some amount of balance has returned to the league, such that the Finals look to be a marquee match-up again.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
i would rate it an 8, i think the nba has a perfect mixture of past-with zo, dikembe, reggie, present-duncan, shaq, kg, semi-future-tmac, dirk, kobe, future- bron, melo, wade, and far future-telfair, smith, howard, okafor... it couldnt be any better, the reason its not a 9 or 10 is because of the way they present the games, i have abc and espn coverage, if it was back to nbc, tbs, and tnt then it could be perfect.... i dont have nba league pass so im stuck with the mediocore laker games, abc/espn/tnt coverage...

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
The NBA gets an 8 from me. It may not be as exciting for me as a Laker fan, but it is much more balance now and has an abundance of talent. Almost every game has a bonified star participating, which makes the league much more fun and easy on the eyes in terms of 'entertaining basketball'. Un-like a couple of years ago during the Kobe-Shaq dynasty, the finals is thought to be competitive ahead of time and there is no clear cut favorite.

It may not be treating me too well lately, but I love this game!

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
I gave it a 9, tons of stars, tons of YOUNG talent, tons of entertainment, a little drama sprinkled in. The NBA is on fire. I'm sure some old timers will come in and whine about the lack of "fundamentals" but I like things just the way they are.

Reactions: Pan Mengtu

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I'll give the league a 9. If you would have asked about the 80's i would have rated it a 10. Nba in the 80's wasn't about the money, the glamour and the ganster attitude. Look at an 80's all star game. It was national anthem and then the game. No dancers, no kids, no singing, just plain old basketball.
And that is how it should be.
Nba today is only show boating
Only reason I gave a 9, is because of all te good players.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
10 for me this year

the heat run has been great. watching Wade and shaq every game is just wonderful. Wade is one of if not the most enertaining players to watch in the entire nba, and shaq with his dunks/blocks/domination is awesome. Winning almost every game also helps.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
10 for me this year

the heat run has been great. watching Wade and shaq every game is just wonderful. Wade is one of if not the most enertaining players to watch in the entire nba, and shaq with his dunks/blocks/domination is awesome. Winning almost every game also helps.
Now you know how us Laker fans have had it for the last few years.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
madskillz1_99 said:
Now you know how us Laker fans have had it for the last few years.
Those days are over!!!

Ur franchise/fans were ungrateful!!!

Look at what ur team has become now that "The Daddy" is gone and Kome runs the show!!!:laugh:

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
HEATLUNATIC said:
Those days are over!!!

Ur franchise/fans were ungrateful!!!

We'll be back before you know it, and you'll once again be a mediocre team when Shaq leaves. I don't even think your the strongest team in the East, and having watched the Diesel all season long, I can tell you that he isn't nearly as dominant as he was in LA. Hence, Odom's block on him the other day was a prime example. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it while you can because his prime is over and he won't be the same player for. I expect him to be this good for 1-2 more years max.

And before you make a fool of yourselves, do some homework. Our fans never wanted Shaq booted, and neither did our franchise. The simple fact is that Phil Jackson could not be kept with the contract he was asking for, and the day after Kobe signed, Shaq wanted out. Shaq was not happy with the management, and it was his decision to leave. Neither fans, the management or Kobe held a gun to Shaq's head and told him to leave. He's a grown man and did what was best for him. I wish him luck, but not when he asks like a total ***-clown and makes us look like criminals in front of the camera.

Look at what ur team has become now that "The Daddy" is gone and Kome runs the show!!!:laugh:
You know.. after you win 3 rings, you tend to have a little "hangover" so to speak. Oh that's right, you wouldn't know much about that, now, would you? On a side note, watching you all over Shaq's jock is priceless. I mean, if I remember correctly, you were one of our biggest baters and the Diesel in particular.

Psh.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
8.5 i think the nba is great but the only thing i have problem with is a wish the players would give it 100 percent every night and they dont but everything is brillant... the players,teams,rivalries,coaches the fans is just amazing i love this game....yes even the refs lmao they do there best and try hard just a lil to cocky

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I gave it a 9, been a great season this year much better from last year. Had a lot of 50 point games and even a 60 point one. Most national games been good, especially on Tnt. Deducted 1 point since the knicks are doing bad...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts