Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - did anybody else find the comentary in last night's game exceedingly annoying?? They bantered back and forth like idiots most of the game.

After Chuck made that call about Arch bleeding profusely, Leo spent the rest of the game trying to prove him wrong on everything he said. I just turned off the sound though!! Do you guys like Leo? He pisses me off most of the time, and he repeats the same criticisms game after game, sometimes with little relevance.

·
Registered
564 Posts
yeah i thought it was pretty damn funny too... i made a post on the next game thread about this... leo was jsut proving that chuck is very one sided when he calls games... i loved it just because i don't like swirsky.. i hope they do it tonight again

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
This thread seems a little familiar...

I didn't mind. Chuck thinks every call should go the Raptors way, and Leo has this notion that a player has to earn the respect of the refs every game. The Raptors will always get the short end of the stick in this league, we just have to work around it.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Armstrong is my favourite, I like when he and chuick call the games.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
I say they bring in Jack Armstrong for commentary permanently, HELLO!

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
I say they bring in Jack Armstrong for commentary permanently, HELLO!
Chuck and Jack argue just as much. The difference is that Jack school's Chuck most of the time and they change the subject, rather than continue for an hour.

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
1,504 Posts
Swirsk is the man! :laugh: he is very one-sided though.. and i have noticed that rautins can be repetitive

·
Registered
30 Posts
Leo get's kind of childish when he feels offended, he won't let thing go sometimes and keeps nagging. He's obviously touchy when the issue of his "Brunsonian" type carreer numbers are brought up by Chuck...seriously there comes a point when it takes away from their duty of calling the game and that point was reached far before the end of that game.

Leo's immature. It won't be surprised if he's long gone before his contract runs through.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!

Chuck and Jack argue just as much. The difference is that Jack school's Chuck most of the time and they change the subject, rather than continue for an hour.
Right. Jack doesent do the " I know you are but what am i " shtick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't like Leo, I think he's kind of mean and arrogant. I much prefer to listen to the voice of the Raptors, Chuck, and of course, Mr. Hello! Jack.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
are some people saying they are sick of hearing

Kaboom

That was sick wicked and nasty

Ohh baby what a play by _________

Ring it up from downtown_________

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Damn i missed it...that sounded pretty entertaining...I like them both calling the games but Swirsky has to be WAY more 2 sided to the games...he shouldnt just call it as a raptors fan point of view..i know hes payed to call a RAPTORS GAME...But look at the rest of announcers in NBA/Other sports...they tend to call the game for both teams..I like watching it on TSN...When the announcing is 2 sided...When both the announcers talk about both teams offence and defence...I know LEO still announcers for the TSN version but he dosent argue with the guy who does it with him on TSN

·
Registered
187 Posts
i love the enthusiasm that chuck brings with each game he calls, and Leo balances him out quite nicely. i enjoy their little "spats", and think they make a great combination.

after hearing some other commentators (esp the ones in boston), you really appreciate who we have here in toronto.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CrookedJ</b>!
Hey - did anybody else find the comentary in last night's game exceedingly annoying?? They bantered back and forth like idiots most of the game.

After Chuck made that call about Arch bleeding profusely, Leo spent the rest of the game trying to prove him wrong on everything he said. I just turned off the sound though!! Do you guys like Leo? He pisses me off most of the time, and he repeats the same criticisms game after game, sometimes with little relevance.
They are awesome, I loved what they did. They are my favourite play-by-play guys.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Re: Re: Rautins & Swirsky

Originally posted by <b>Slasher</b>!

They are awesome, I loved what they did. They are my favourite play-by-play guys.
Well in the whole NBA they are no doubt my fav PBP guys..In all of sports...NOT EVEN CLOSE!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts