Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the NFL draft forum about who would we want to pick.

And right now if Ravens picked they'd be picking 9th. I would take Ahmad Brooks, Mario Williams or DeAngelo Williams at that spot. Maybe Eric Winston because we seriously need younger OL. Signing Ogden to that big extension was a waste.

I say Brooks because Ray can't play forever, he's clearly lost a few steps and been injured at some point last 3 yrs. And Ahmad Brooks has unbelieveable physical talent, he can play MLB or OLB. And just maybe if Mario is there, we need some definite help at a pass rush. DeAngelo Williams because I do not think Chester Taylor can be a full time starter and Jamal Lewis may not have recovered from that microfracture last yr and I don't see why we would franchise tag him for 9 million and if he has another bad season it'd be a waste. He may not ever be the same. Ozzie Newsome doesn't even know what to do according to Peter King.

If we pick in the top 5 we need to go after Leinart. Since Young or Quinn won't come out. There won't be another till late first or 2nd rd. We had one of those fringe type guys in Boller

If we traded down, I would say Darnell Bing (move either he or Mr Reed to FS), or D'Qwell Jackson. Or one of the RBs Deangelo Williams or LenDale White. And if Ngata is there possibly him if not these guys.

Whatcoo think? Any of your ideas?

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We're 4-9 now with a loss. We played pretty tough to just lose to the Broncos 12-10.

But I hope we aim for a true franchise QB, whether it be Leinart or Vince Young. Not a fringe first rd QB who shot up the boards cuz of good work out or was overrated like Boller. Hope we can at least get top 5 so we can land one if Young comes out. It looks like he's leaning towards it too. Looks like he can be a rich man's Randall Cunningham and at worst Randall Cunningham. Not bad, he won an MVP, and did pretty well.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Well, our Nfl draft affiliate, has us picking Mario Williams. He would be a good addition to the defense, but we also need to up our offense. Maybe we could trade-up, or trade for someone.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drk Element said:
Well, our Nfl draft affiliate, has us picking Mario Williams. He would be a good addition to the defense, but we also need to up our offense. Maybe we could trade-up, or trade for someone.
I wouldn't put everything on what our draft affilate says. Mario Williams is out of our range even at that time.

Looks like we're gonna be mid first rd so time to adjust the plan. Probably looks like we'll keep Boller around another yr. This draft is OL heavy so we'll probably look there or at LB (which also has a lot good players), DL, or FS.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
dissonance19 said:
I wouldn't put everything on what our draft affilate says. Mario Williams is out of our range even at that time.

Looks like we're gonna be mid first rd so time to adjust the plan. Probably looks like we'll keep Boller around another yr. This draft is OL heavy so we'll probably look there or at LB (which also has a lot good players), DL, or FS.
An OL would be good, but we don't really need one. Since Jamal Lewis is a free agent at the end of this year, i think maybe we should get a decent running back.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drk Element said:
An OL would be good, but we don't really need one. Since Jamal Lewis is a free agent at the end of this year, i think maybe we should get a decent running back.

Our OL is one of the OLDEST in the league. Trust me, we need OL. It also hasn't been that consistent this yr, which is part of why our run game has sucked.

G and OT is what we need. RT or LT. Ogden isn't the same and may need to move around.

Well depending on what we do with Jamal and Chester in FA will dictate what we do at RB in draft. DeAngelo Williams or LenDale White will be sitting there mid first rd, maybe Ozzie Newsome our GM who has a history of always drafted best player available will chose one of them. Never know.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
dissonance19 said:
Our OL is one of the OLDEST in the league. Trust me, we need OL. It also hasn't been that consistent this yr, which is part of why our run game has sucked.

G and OT is what we need. RT or LT. Ogden isn't the same and may need to move around.

Well depending on what we do with Jamal and Chester in FA will dictate what we do at RB in draft. DeAngelo Williams or LenDale White will be sitting there mid first rd, maybe Ozzie Newsome our GM who has a history of always drafted best player available will chose one of them. Never know.
Yeah, hopefully he will make the right desicion.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
why take Deabgelo, let Jamal go, keep Chestor, draft some in later on or adda a afa.
Draft Marcus Mcniel to be Odgen's apperient.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Junkyard Dog13 said:
why take Deabgelo, let Jamal go, keep Chestor, draft some in later on or adda a afa.
I still think that Jamal could be a very good RB.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
NFLDraftForecast.com has us drafting Haloti Ngata. They believe that we are weak up front, and that Haloti would be a sure choice.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Junkyard Dog13 said:
Also, if we were to go for Mcniel, we should just go for Winston Justice. IMO Winston would be a better choice.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Drk Element said:
NFLDraftForecast.com has us drafting Haloti Ngata. They believe that we are weak up front, and that Haloti would be a sure choice.

that place sucks. lol one of the members is asking me to do a mock draft. I need to finish that. I have Ngata going higher to the Bills so he wouldn't be within our range. They couldn't stop the run this yr, after Pat Williams left.

As for Justice he'll go higher than we can get him, and McNeil, may be a good choice. I'm not too high on Eric Winston, I think he's been hyped up since he made he move to LT from TE as the next great LT and that is all it ever was from then on. He was pretty inconsistent last 2 yrs before he got injured the yr before last. I think he's solid but too high where we're at.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
dissonance19 said:
that place sucks. lol one of the members is asking me to do a mock draft. I need to finish that. I have Ngata going higher to the Bills so he wouldn't be within our range. They couldn't stop the run this yr, after Pat Williams left.

As for Justice he'll go higher than we can get him, and McNeil, may be a good choice. I'm not too high on Eric Winston, I think he's been hyped up since he made he move to LT from TE as the next great LT and that is all it ever was from then on. He was pretty inconsistent last 2 yrs before he got injured the yr before last. I think he's solid but too high where we're at.
agreed

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey maybe you should delete and start another Ravens draft thread. These are some old thoughts haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.