Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Man Rondo better take Kirk out for a steak or something after the shenanigans he pulled in the playoffs last year. What a tool.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Man Rondo better take Kirk out for a steak or something after the shenanigans he pulled in the playoffs last year. What a tool.
Boo Hoo, the Jordan teams were as dirty/physical as anyone this side of the 90's Knicks. It's part of the playoffs, deal with it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, hit a nerve there, huh? Being physical is one thing but intentionally launching someone into the stands should have gotten him suspended for the playoffs. Everyone knows how much of a turd Rondo is as this wasn't the only incident of him acting like a turd. But since it concerns you soooo much, I have dealt with it. I just thought it might be something that still resonated in Hinrich, and will probably need to be addressed should the trade go down.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Wow, hit a nerve there, huh? Being physical is one thing but intentionally launching someone into the stands should have gotten him suspended for the playoffs. Everyone knows how much of a turd Rondo is as this wasn't the only incident of him acting like a turd. But since it concerns you soooo much, I have dealt with it. I just thought it might be something that still resonated in Hinrich, and will probably need to be addressed should the trade go down.
Not particularly. I'm not worked up over how Rondo's perceived, I just think it's interesting that some Chicago fans treat him as a villain when the Bulls have fielded some of the more physical/dirty teams of the past two decades. I'd trust that Hinrich is enough of a professional to not take a rough playoff series personally.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
Not particularly. I'm not worked up over how Rondo's perceived, I just think it's interesting that some Chicago fans treat him as a villain when the Bulls have fielded some of the more physical/dirty teams of the past two decades. I'd trust that Hinrich is enough of a professional to not take a rough playoff series personally.
"physical/dirty" huh?

Physical I'll grant you.... dirty? really?

I hope you're talking about Dennis Rodman and his antics (which were border-line funny at a certain point, but I can see where an opponent would label him dirty.. I sure did when he was on the Bad Boy Pistons)... because beyond that, I don't really know of any instances of "dirty" play from the Bulls. The championship Bulls and the Jerry Sloan era Bulls were physical, but again, outside of Rodman, I don't know where the "dirty" thing comes from.

Hard to blame Bulls fans for disliking Rondo after he threw Hinrich into the scorers table and cracked Brad Miller in the face last year.... it also helps that Rondo is a good player and was taking it to us a bit... makes it a lot easier to hate him.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
"physical/dirty" huh?

Physical I'll grant you.... dirty? really?

I hope you're talking about Dennis Rodman and his antics (which were border-line funny at a certain point, but I can see where an opponent would label him dirty.. I sure did when he was on the Bad Boy Pistons)... because beyond that, I don't really know of any instances of "dirty" play from the Bulls. The championship Bulls and the Jerry Sloan era Bulls were physical, but again, outside of Rodman, I don't know where the "dirty" thing comes from.

Hard to blame Bulls fans for disliking Rondo after he threw Hinrich into the scorers table and cracked Brad Miller in the face last year.... it also helps that Rondo is a good player and was taking it to us a bit... makes it a lot easier to hate him.
Outside of Rodman it depends on how you define dirty, because in the late eighties/early nineties anything short of an on-court mugging could be labeled "just physical", but now a particularly hard foul might be thought of as "dirty". Granted, in my last post I made them sound worse than the Riley Knicks, which isn't my intent, but rather I was trying to say that in the most physical era of modern basketball the Bulls mixed it up as well as or better than anyone. I understand that it was different time in the league, but the nineties Bulls roughed people up more than Rondo ever has. I understand that the Chicago fans don't like him, but to act like he was so atrocious last spring that Hinrich wouldn't want to play for the C's is blowing it out of proportion.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm not saying Hinrich wouldn't want to play for the C's, I'm just saying that if Rondo had any class (which he doesn't) he would put forth some type of gesture towards Kirk.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts