Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicago trades: PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 34.2 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.3 minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (8.6 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.2 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Ray Allen (23.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 5.3 apg in 36.9 minutes)
C Calvin Booth (5.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 18.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.4 ppg, -11.5 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Seattle trades: SG Ray Allen (23.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 5.3 apg in 36.9 minutes)
Seattle receives: PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 45 games)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13 games)
PF Antonio Davis (8.6 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 49 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.4 ppg, +11.5 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Is this possible.

This gives the Bulls are very good lineup. This makes Fizer someone that can actually play.

PG-Jamal Crawford/Scottie Pippen
SG-Ray Allen/Kendall Gill
SF-Eddie Robinson/Ronald Dupree
PF-Jerome Williams/Marcus Fizer
C- Eddy Curry/Calvin Booth

I think with that lineup we could be a EASTERN POWERHOUSE.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
i rather give up JC+chandler for Allen+seattle's no.1 pick, however, I think we best wait until the draft and make sure we got our hands on emake before trading chandler. hopefully our next year's roster will look something like this

Kirk
allen
Erob or anyone we sign as FA
okafor
curry

·
Registered
718 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!
Chicago trades: PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 34.2 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.3 minutes)
PF Antonio Davis (8.6 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.2 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Ray Allen (23.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 5.3 apg in 36.9 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.4 ppg, -11.5 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Seattle trades: SG Ray Allen (23.4 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 5.3 apg in 36.9 minutes)
Seattle receives: PG Kirk Hinrich (10.7 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.8 apg in 45 games)
PF Tyson Chandler (10.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13 games)
PF Antonio Davis (8.6 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.6 apg in 49 games)
Change in team outlook: +1.4 ppg, +11.5 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Is this possible.

This gives the Bulls are very good lineup. This makes Fizer someone that can actually play.

PG-Jamal Crawford/Scottie Pippen
SG-Ray Allen/Kendall Gill
SF-Eddie Robinson/Ronald Dupree
PF-Jerome Williams/Marcus Fizer
C- Eddy Curry/Calvin Booth

I think with that lineup we could be a EASTERN POWERHOUSE.

Powerhouse??? Not! If that were the case Seatle would be better than 23 - 24. Allen is good, but...

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We would be an EAST powerhouse. The East wouldnt know how to take the 1-2-3 punch that starts with Eddy Curry downlow, than once he gets doubled team more he kicks it out to Ray Allen and Jamal Crawford for bombs. Allen is just the type of players the Bulls need. Than we could get Emeka, or Pavel, or whoever falls in our hands.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
ray allen is overrated ever since he joined the NBA. hes good player boarderline all star but hes no franchise type of player. though he can be a very good sidekick to a dominant player.
<strike> FOOL!</strike>

The Sonics are a much better team with Ray. Ray is a franchise player. He is capable of taking a game over and winning it by himself. He's more than just a good shooter. He's an all-around great player.

If anything he is underrated.

I would love him on the Bulls. But I would hate to see him leave Seattle for just about anything on the Bulls. If Ray was leaving I'd want Jamal and Eddy and a future 1st rounder. Which is a pretty steep price. When you consider it.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The point of this trade is to basically swap overvalued Hinrich and Chandler for Undervalued Ray Allen. Everyone thinks this trade is fine do to people value players, but than people will change their minds after the Bulls kick *** and the Sonics are just a .500 team. If the Bulls can get Allen for something close to that price, than take it because it is a steal. A trade that could definitely happen in my mind is Jamal, AD, 1st round pick for Flip and Ray. idk his value to gms but he is a hell of a player. He just got lazy on the Bucks because as noted he thought George Karl was a Deusch which he obviously was a crappy coach if he couldnt take team USA to the gold!!!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
ok, it took gary payton(the sonics best player EVER) plus a rising young talent in Desmond Mason to get Ray Allen on that team. Theres no way they trade him for anything we got.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
ray allen is overrated ever since he joined the NBA. hes good player boarderline all star but hes no franchise type of player. though he can be a very good sidekick to a dominant player.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jesus is a top 10 player in the NBA you <strike>moron</strike>

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>ScottVdub</b>!
ok, it took gary payton(the sonics best player EVER) plus a rising young talent in Desmond Mason to get Ray Allen on that team. Theres no way they trade him for anything we got.
Gary Payton was an older player declining in talent. Desmond Mason is ok but not that great. The Bucks also gave the Sonics a 1st round draft pick (14).

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
top 10 player? i think we all know who the real moron is. people like u overrate ray allen so much that u actually think hes on the same level as t-mac/kobe/pierce.

if i were the bulls, i wouldnt even trade curry for allen alone. but chanlder+jc i will do it.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!

Gary Payton was an older player declining in talent. Desmond Mason is ok but not that great. The Bucks also gave the Sonics a 1st round draft pick (14).
gary payton last year was still possibly the 2nd best pg in the league and you dont trade your franchise player for a star player just to trade him for a bunch of guys on a team that wont even win 30 games this year.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ScottVdub</b>!

gary payton last year was still possibly the 2nd best pg in the league and you dont trade your franchise player for a star player just to trade him for a bunch of guys on a team that wont even win 30 games this year.
payton was like 34 and allen was 27, u do the math.mason is alright, and the sonics got the buck's no.1 pick too

·
Registered
3,403 Posts

payton was like 34 and allen was 27, u do the math.mason is alright, and the sonics got the buck's no.1 pick too
you guys dont get the point. The sonics WONT trade Ray Allen for anybody on our roster. We dont have any established players and the Sonics are trying to make the playoffs NOW.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
What's the Sonics' incentive to trade Ray? None. That's right.

Ray is in the prime of his career. They want to build around him. Anybody else on the Sonics may be more or less available, but the Sonics are not looking to trade Ray right now.

Now if the Sonics start out the season next year with the worst record in the West, underachieving horribly with Ray as the leader, they may look to trade him Starbury style. Until then or contract time, Ray is a Sonic.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
What's the Sonics' incentive to trade Ray? None. That's right.

Ray is in the prime of his career. They want to build around him. Anybody else on the Sonics may be more or less available, but the Sonics are not looking to trade Ray right now.

Now if the Sonics start out the season next year with the worst record in the West, underachieving horribly with Ray as the leader, they may look to trade him Starbury style. Until then or contract time, Ray is a Sonic.
exactly.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
i still think any package involving curry +someting will definitely draw interests from seattle. i will go as far as saying the sonics will actually do the allen for curry trade, but they will probably try to get the bulls to throw in someone like jc or a pick. the sonics are loaded in sG/SF, they were doing decently without ray allen, hes expandable. if i remmeber correctly they were about 12-14 with ray allen, now u add in curry's post game and i think the sonics will do just fine. the fact is unless u r someone like tmac/kobe/mj/pierce, its really hard to buidl a team around a guard.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
i still think any package involving curry +someting will definitely draw interests from seattle. i will go as far as saying the sonics will actually do the allen for curry trade, but they will probably try to get the bulls to throw in someone like jc or a pick. the sonics are loaded in sG/SF, they were doing decently without ray allen, hes expandable. if i remmeber correctly they were about 12-14 with ray allen, now u add in curry's post game and i think the sonics will do just fine. the fact is unless u r someone like tmac/kobe/mj/pierce, its really hard to buidl a team around a guard.
Let me get this straight? Seattle would trade their all star sharpshooter (only 28) for a young center prospect with questionable heart and no rebounding? Please. We'd have to include at least a #1 pick, Jamal, and filler for them to consider it.

Then, if we made that offer, the Sonics would still say no. When you make a huge trade for a franchise type player, and he plays even better than he did on his last team, you just don't trade him. Consider issues of continuity.

Also consider that not all teams have a GM with the same model of building a championship team as Krause. Despite the fact that everybody says you can't win a championship without a big man and a point guard, the Bulls did it six times on the shoulders of two swingmen. Some teams play screw the parameters and stick with the best player.

And the best player on the Sonics or Bulls is Ray Allen.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.