Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would you rather have?

IMO, I would rather take Felton. Chris Paul is a great scorer, but he gets lit up in college, what's going to happen in the NBA? Felton can play a little too erratic sometimes, but once he gets over that he can be an all-star. JMO.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I don't know who I would rather have. Right now, I don't see either has being superstar potential, maybe a few All-Star games though. Neither strikes me as being that great of a defender. Paul has the better court vision while Felton is the more versitle scorer. It depends on your team need. If you want a distributer, go with Paul. If you need more scoring from your backcourt, you should take Felton. Felton's erratic play scares me a lot though. He is too inconsistent right now. Both players need some work on their game, but if someone had a gun to my head and made me choose; I'd pick Chris Paul for the simple fact he has a better chance to be a superstar.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's vice versa. Paul is the better scorer, and Felton is the better distributor.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
TheATLien said:
I think it's vice versa. Paul is the better scorer, and Felton is the better distributor.
Ha. Yeah. That's what I thought.
For me personally, I like Felton more. He's been one of my favorite college players for awhile. I think he is a pure point guard. I think he can be a Jamal Tinsley type.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
futuristxen said:
Ha. Yeah. That's what I thought.
For me personally, I like Felton more. He's been one of my favorite college players for awhile. I think he is a pure point guard. I think he can be a Jamal Tinsley type.
Except Tinsley was a late first rounder, and Felton is a legit top five prospect. I think Felton can be a much better scorer than Tinsley, it's just that he isn't asked to score since UNC already has McCants and May.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I've said this before and I'll say it again, Raymond Felton was the better college player, and is the better pro prospect.

Both are undersized, but Felton has the passing ability and court vision which will make it easier for him in the NBA, while Pauls passing and court vision is not that great, but is a good scorer.

You also have to mention Jarrett Jack, as well as a guy like Deron Williams with these two.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
TheATLien said:
Except Tinsley was a late first rounder, and Felton is a legit top five prospect. I think Felton can be a much better scorer than Tinsley, it's just that he isn't asked to score since UNC already has McCants and May.
I think I mainly was just latching onto Felton's savy on the floor. He's obviously quicker and a better scorer than Tinsley coming out. The main point to stress is that Felton will be a helluva floor general. He will run the team good for you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm a little biased, but I'd take Deron Williams over them both, honestly. He's a better passer than them both and while he's obviously not as fast, he's much bigger. From what I've seen of Wake Forest, Paul looks to be corrupted by the fact that Wake often just devolves into a "Let the PG take all the shots" offense and may turn out to be like Stephon Marbury. Deron reminds me of Jason Kidd with a better jumper.

Reactions: Greg Ostertag!

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I haven't seen them play a great deal; from what I've seen, I would take Paul because of his scoring.

Also, FWIW, Chad Ford has said on Insider repeatedly that scouts are saying that Paul is the best PG prospect since Jason Kidd.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ray Felton and Deron Williams are in the Final 4, Chris Paul is at home.

HMMMMMM

·
Registered
706 Posts
This is very important for us Jazz fans, since we REALLY need a point guard. Who would be better for them?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Rizzah said:
I'm a little biased, but I'd take Deron Williams over them both, honestly. He's a better passer than them both and while he's obviously not as fast, he's much bigger. From what I've seen of Wake Forest, Paul looks to be corrupted by the fact that Wake often just devolves into a "Let the PG take all the shots" offense and may turn out to be like Stephon Marbury. Deron reminds me of Jason Kidd with a better jumper.
Couldn't have said it better Rizzah. Paul may turn out to be a good distributing PG in the pros for all we know, but at the moment his game is eerily reminiscent of Stephon Marbury. Deron Williams is the complete package, and if he can get himself in his better shape before hitting the L, instead of being the "best PG prospect since Jason Kidd" as Paul supposedly is, Williams may end up the next Jason Kidd.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I think that Felton has more of an upside in the NBA. Paul loks overwhelmed at times in the NCAA, he can score, but I don't think it will translate to the same level in the NBA. He would be a solid player just not a superstar. Felton could be something special.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Felton all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

·
Registered
263 Posts
id take paul however he is skinny and just about 6 foot but the kid is a all american displaying shooting ability and just knmows how to get it done by scoring or passing. the best thing about the kid is that he is quick, compared as a slightly taller tj ford with a shot, i can see him as a top five pick but definitly not falling past the lottery.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Chris Paul is the best ACC point guard since Kenny Anderson,
and, like Anderson, will most likely be a huge disapppointment in the pros. Paul was better in college Felton will be better in the NBA. (I know Paul has a much better shot than Anderson ever did but they are similar in many ways: lightening quick but small and weak, lots of steals but terrible defense in terms preventing drives, sulky attitude.)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts