Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do u guys think felton is making it in the nba but ed cota never did? i love raymond but cota is the best passer i have seen in college. i used to think they were very close to each other.

i know cota wasnta great shooter but he got better at that and wasnt much worse than raymond.

·
Banned
234 Posts
I've always been amazed that Cota hasn't found a place in the league as a 2nd or 3rd string backup. But the reasons he isn't in the NBA aren't bad ones. Felton is a better scorer, shooter, defender, and athlete. Felton was a pretty good shooter his junior year, the only reason people think otherwise is he wasn't in his freshman and sophmore years and people always tried to harp on it being a weakness because they really wanted to find weaknesses in UNC last year. Cota is one of the best passers and "floor generals" i've ever seen, but he has so many other deficiencies (defense is the biggest IMO) that it isn't too suprising he hasn't made it.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Guy couldn't make a shot to save his life and was one of the least athletic players at the position. Not to mention he was 24 coming to the NBA. It's the same reason why Carl Krauser isn't going to get much of a chance in the league. Too old and too slow IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts