Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know Deron Williams and Chris Paul have looked very good and rightfully so, but I just want to give some props to Mr. Felton.

I said Charlotte would pick him with the 5th selection and they made the right decision.

In his first NBA start, he got:

18 points, 10 assists, 5 rebounds in 35 minutes. The Bobcats also scored 122 points.

Brevin Knight just got Wally Pipped and with good reason. He's a good backup, but he can't stay healthy and this should be Felton's team.

Kareem Rush just had a career high 35 points tonight. With Felton's passing ability and blinding quickness pushing the rock, there is no reason the Bobcats should not be getting 105 ppg on avg. this year.

Expect more of this. Expect May's numbers to go up as well.

Reactions: Carbo04

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I drafted him late in my fantasy league, but dropped him once I figured he wasn't starting. I just picked him up again though, dropping Rashad McCants, his Carolina buddy, ironically.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
I liked his position better than say, Brian Cardinal. Knight's a stopgap, so having a guy like Felton is good for the team (and my fantasy team)

·
Banned
480 Posts
HKF said:
Now I know Deron Williams and Chris Paul have looked very good and rightfully so, but I just want to give some props to Mr. Felton.
i dont think any of these 3 players will ever become anything other than a standard(average) nba pro

chris paul is a great playmaker but his size will haunt him his whole career cos he cant defend big guards like marbury,diddy,kidd etc

deron williams offensive game is very suspect and he will have to rely on his playmaking skills which are not up to the obvius standard of paul`s

Raymond Felton is a shooting guard forced to play point because of his size/team needs,eventually he will end up at the 2 and he`s not iverson quick and will be a tony delk/bobby jackson type player

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
i dont think any of these 3 players will ever become anything other than a standard(average) nba pro

chris paul is a great playmaker but his size will haunt him his whole career cos he cant defend big guards like marbury,diddy,kidd etc

deron williams offensive game is very suspect and he will have to rely on his playmaking skills which are not up to the obvius standard of paul`s

Raymond Felton is a shooting guard forced to play point because of his size/team needs,eventually he will end up at the 2 and he`s not iverson quick and will be a tony delk/bobby jackson type player
:whofarted

NO WAY!

I think all of these three PG's will have excellent NBA careers. They will all be above average pro's.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Raymond Felton is a shooting guard? That's news to me. He is a point guard in every sense of the term. He is like TJ Ford in his style of play. He gets the ball up in a hurry, has amazing court vision and makes plays, but has a suspect shooting stroke. His game doesn't resemble Bobby Jackson and Tony Delk at all. Maybe you're thinking of Rashad McCants. Raymond Felton was the point guard at Carolina, McCants was the shooting guard.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:

You can say whatever you want about Paul and Deron. Your statement on both are still relevant up to this point considering they're a rookie and we don't know yet how are they going to turn out in the future. I'll let you go with that one.

But, saying Raymond Felton is a shooting guard forced to play point because of his size/team needs is just plain ignorant. Who played PG for the NCAA champs UNC Tar Heels last year? His point guard skill is one of the big reason the Tar Heels won the championship last year. His name is almost synonymous with "Point Guard".

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:

Too much pot? Am I right or you are just ...

·
Banned
480 Posts
RSP83 said:
But, saying Raymond Felton is a shooting guard forced to play point because of his size/team needs is just plain ignorant. ".
ignorant??

cussing someones momma is ignorant!

it`s all about personal opinions dude....get a grip

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
ignorant??

cussing someones momma is ignorant!

it`s all about personal opinions dude....get a grip
Saying one of the best PG (might even be the best) in college hoop last year, after leadng his team to championship, is not a PG? Even after the player showed it last night that he has it to be the PG in this league? It's even funnier to hear somebody say he's a SG. Shooting is Felton's question mark. He never really score that much in college. C'mon. How can I not say you're ignorant (about basketball)?

Alright the debate ends there. It's your opinion.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Raymond contributed very well in the rout of the Pacers.

It was really of a surprise to me, because this is the first team I see the Bobcats ROUT a good team such as the Pacers, with superstars like Jermaine O'Neal and Artest.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Nice to see some love for Felton. He will be a damn good PG in the league.

People say Carolina was loaded last season with NBA players. Well, with Felton running the show they win a national title. The game Felton was out, Carolina got spanked by a team that only won like 10 games, if that in Santa Clara.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
I always thought he was the better college player than those other two. Am glad he is showing the world what he can do. Give him an uptempo style of play and the kid is a beast. Sean May isnt doing too bad either, go tar heels!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Felton will be a good player and possibly the best player of the draft.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Felton a SG huh? Now I've heard everything. Being contrarian just to be contrarian is meaningless.

·
Registered
681 Posts
DavidBlunkett said:
ummm... ok. You're looking at two future perennial all-stars and a possible third. Ignorant is pretending to know something about a topic when in reality you are completely un-educated about it. Now obviously you have your opinion and are entitled to it, but from my viewpoint you appear to be on the ignorant side when you say that Deron Williams and Chris Paul will never become more than standard players. Dude, you do realize that they are already above average less than 10 games into their NBA careers, right?

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Felton will end up being the best 2-way PG in this draft, I said it before the draft and I stick by that. I wish he had fallen to the Lakers. Hopefully I eat my words and Bynum becomes a good center.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts