Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to gauge how many defensive-minded big men will be available on the free agent market this summer...

What is Tyson Chandler's future looking like? Has he said anything about what sort of contract it will take to re/sign him? What stance are the Bulls going to take with him? Any odds or predictions about where/the value of the contract he signs? Would the Bulls pursue a sign-and-trade if it became evident he was not going to re-sign with them?

Thanks...

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
MPK said:
I am trying to gauge how many defensive-minded big men will be available on the free agent market this summer...

What is Tyson Chandler's future looking like? Has he said anything about what sort of contract it will take to re/sign him? What stance are the Bulls going to take with him? Any odds or predictions about where/the value of the contract he signs? Would the Bulls pursue a sign-and-trade if it became evident he was not going to re-sign with them?

Thanks...
Dalembart is the only other FA that is a good post defender. He is an RFA like Chandler.

Like all non-ancient players, there is a very good chance that TC will want to go where he is valued the most. I.E. Who shows him the money.

S&Ts for RFAs are very rare and difficult to pull off.

Bulls just need to show TC the money.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...that changes my question somewhat because I was under the impression he was an UFA...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
IMO we need to do whatever is neccessary to keep the kid.

·
Registered
401 Posts
bullet said:
There is also Stromile Swift
Swift a great defender? Hell No. He has some offensive skills, but his defense and rebounding need a lot of work.

Tyson must be resigned. The Bulls should be prepared to match any contract offer.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
DontBeCows said:
Swift a great defender? Hell No. He has some offensive skills, but his defense and rebounding need a lot of work.

Tyson must be resigned. The Bulls should be prepared to match any contract offer.
Well , I agree he ain't a great defender. But per 48 he has 3.67 blks (more than Tyson) and 10.3 boards. Thats not bad as Eddy lets say.
Quietly he's having a nice season with Grizs (yeah - no contract , I know) and at least for now , as far as I know , has shown some advanced Maturity and willingness. A team looking for paint presence might go for him before Tyson since he is Unrestricted.

And I most definitely agree Tyson must be resigned. Personally I even see it as a higher priority than Eddy (we must sign him too of course). You just cannot find the kind of player that easy , he totally effects our team defensive game , he's gold at crunch , He's our best rebounder (maybe soon to be best in the league) , he's our only shotblocker , he even gets his share of steals , he's the best Bull in getting to the charity stripe , and I'm sure he'll score at least 12 points per game given minutes (though I do not expect him to become an offensive tool - tip ins , FT's , some dunks R enough for me from Tyson).

Must sign him - he's gold!! as long as he's healthy...

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
I wasn't sold on Tyson awhile ago and was ready to let him walk, but now in seeing how well he has played of late when the team needed some extra offense he gave it, and his rebounding numbers are monster in the extended minutes. We need to keep him and Curry, and start them both next year. Thats a lot of length for the starting 2.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
Tyson Chandler would be awesome on any team....I love his game....I bet he gets 7-8 million dollars a year....

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Thorgal said:
The Grizzlies placed Stromile Swift on the injured list Sunday with an irregular heartbeat, the Associated Press reports

WTF is happening with big men? They are taking sth or what? :eek8:[/QUOTE

Someones drugging young men on the free agent market to lower their value and sign them.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
BenDengGo said:
tyson ain't going no where!
Co-sign, and can I join your club BenDengGo?

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
BenDengGo said:
done, also can i join your club ?
Done and done! :biggrin:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I think Tyson Chandler could get $6-7M a year from someone, so that's what he'll be looking for. The fact is that the Bulls simply will not be able to keep him for this much money, since they also have to keep Eddy Curry and eventually will have to attempt to re-sign Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng and Chris Duhon.

Prediction: The Bulls will let Chandler go and sign a large contract with another team, or he will be part of a S&T deal. To replace him, the Bulls will sign Donyell Marshall to an MLE contract.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
I think Tyson Chandler could get $6-7M a year from someone, so that's what he'll be looking for. The fact is that the Bulls simply will not be able to keep him for this much money, since they also have to keep Eddy Curry and eventually will have to attempt to re-sign Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng and Chris Duhon.

Prediction: The Bulls will let Chandler go and sign a large contract with another team, or he will be part of a S&T deal. To replace him, the Bulls will sign Donyell Marshall to an MLE contract.
are you kidding?!

Pax said he'll match both.JR was so so - but only on Eddy. I think even if he gets a 10 mil contract the Bulls match. The guy is gold - our best rebounder (likely future best rebounder in the league)and shotblocker , best Bull in getting to the line , our future/present paint defender , and comes up big time in the crunch. There is no way in the world the Bulls let him go for nothing (unless something happens to his back). The worst case senario is S&T , and I doubt that as well , though you can never say never.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I was looking for a thread like this, and i found it using search.:greatjob:

Has Tyson expressed interest in returning? Also, do you guys seeing him signing a one year deal with the Bulls so he could become unrestricted next summer? I would love to get Tyson on the Lakers and have him return home. Besides Kobe, do you think Paxson would get any combo of our players + draft picks in a sign and trade? Also, I know hes a great sixth man, but how do you guys think he'll do as a starter?

I remember being so excited on draft day that Tyson was gonna stay in LA since Ive followed him since his HS career. I was on the JV team when my school played against his varsity Dominguez squad his senior year. He was driving a Yukon at age 17, LOL.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
6-7M for a potential defensive player of the year? Thats almost the MLE, theres no way Chandler signs such a low offer sheet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts