Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Chet the Jet</b>!
I like Jose Juan Barea.
Pretty funny Chet.

All kidding aside,it just seems that immaturity is holding him back. He is quite a talent and personally I like the tough win at all costs attitude, but there obviously needs to be an understanding of what is best for your team and how to be a good sportsman.Maybe this will come with time and maybe it won't.For many these traits are innate....he obviously needs some shall we say guidance.

That being said Hartford has lost it's toughness. For example I was talking to someone the other day that said Zimnickas is the kind of guy that will knock you down,then help you up,apologize,and get to know you. A guy like Lalor will knock you down and instead of helping you up, will step on you as he's running back up the court. Certainly don't know how true this is,but the point was Hartford needs to bring some toughness into the program.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, lsbal. There's a fine line between the physical toughness that it takes to win at any level of D1 basketball and thuggery. I think, after reviewing the tape of the NU/UVM game, that NU is getting very close to crossing over to thuggery territory.

I don't know how anyone can determine what was going through Barnes' mind, but that's very close to being a felony. I'm not saying it was. But at minimum, it appears that he used the opportunity to take a cheapshot.

I do like Barea. He's fun to watch and it's great to have a talent like that in our league. But he's setting himself up for a huge fall with that type of stuff. Like NU Hoop fan said, he needs to keep his "international" game in check. Because it's just not going to work in the college game.

It will be very interesting to see what our vaunted AE office will do with this requested "review" of that play. I think we can all agree on that?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Isbal,

You are a good guy! However, you are going to be very disappointed in Lalor! He is far from an enforcer. He is soft. Will block some shots and rebound but is not motivated to play and very limited offensively. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I gave you the wrong impression

Originally posted by <b>the professor</b>!
Isbal,

You are a good guy! However, you are going to be very disappointed in Lalor! He is far from an enforcer. He is soft. Will block some shots and rebound but is not motivated to play and very limited offensively. Good luck!
They very much know Lalor's limitations. He will be a spot player based on circumstances. He is not limited offensively...rather he has no offense other than putbacks. What he can do is block shots and rebound. In certain spots he should help....that's all they expect.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just wanted you to realize the kid is not an enforcer. He's not going to knock anybody down. The kid played at DI JUCO Westchester CC who played 75% of it's games against DIII JUCO's and the kid never averaged 10ppg in either season against DII and DIII caliber competition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts