Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stephen A. Smith is reporting that Joe D. is looking to trade for Theo Ratliff.
I think he said for Campbell & Sura in some kind of 3 way trade.

Sounds good for this year, but can we still sign Memo with Theo's contract. He will make 11 million next year.

Ben & Theo together #1 & #2 shotblockers. :D :grinning:

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
that would be scary for opponents

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Why would Detroit need another pure rebounder/shot blocker? They could use some offense before that.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That would be a pretty stupid trade IMO...I don't think the Pistons should be making any trades for basketball reasons, our team is right where it needs to be in that respect. If we're going to be making moves, it should be done with regards to clearing salary to resign Okur next year-I think JustinSane was talking about a trade that would do this earlier.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jokeaward</b>!
Why would Detroit need another pure rebounder/shot blocker? They could use some offense before that.
The thing is Campbell and Sura aren't really great for our offense anyway. This would make us an even better defensive team. If you're gonna be good at something might as well be great. If you can do it without jeopardizing lots of offense then I don't see a problem with making a great defence better.

Ben and Theo would be piss-your-pants-scary.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
One way this could work is if Atlanta wanted to take our trash non-expiring contracts back for Theo. That would be Williamson and Campbell. Atlanta wouldn't do that, so there's no point at all to discuss a trade.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Ratliff and Wallace would be one hell of a defensive frontline.:eek:

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure this trade wouldn't happen, but I don't think our scoring would suffer all that much. I mean Campbell is good and he does have his moments here and there (and I think we won't reap his benefits till the playoffs), but Sura rarely does anything. So subtracting those two for Ratliff, wouldn't be that big of a dropoff offensively, at least IMO. Like I said, I doubt this trade would happen, so it's all a moot point anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.