Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by willieblack
Boy, Sicky your post are starting to remind me more and more of EastBay FJ everyday :grinning: are you sure you're not related somehow?
How dare you insult Sicky in this way !!

Mind you Sicky does have a sense of the bizzare and the irreverent which I can relate to

I am not sure whether it was coincidence or not but I started referring to Fizer as Fizzer a couple of weeks ago on Surreal GM and my man Sicky is now using the name here.

Sure you have not been a visiting to Keepin it Real GM , Sickster?

Or are you and I just cosmically aligned ??

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by HJHJR
Don't mean to break up the lovefest, but according to some Bulls folk who should know, there actually is some truth to the Fizer/Miller rumor. I couldn't get anyone to expand on the subject other than to admit that discusions have taken place.

Hmmm, how would he look in red? :yes:

With his fair complexion and pinkish hue
The Orlando's Magic's Ocean Blue
Suits this farmboy's baby blues
Coo Coo catchoo Coo Coo catchoo

Some say his ballin lacks some cred
Cuz he's too soft is what they've said
His defensive lapses based on feet of lead
Make it unlikely he'll be wearing Bully Red

Me ? I like his game and for the trade I'd prefer no other
Me? A baller to have worth doesnt have to be a brotha
Me? Driving to the hole he's like a hot knife through butter
Me? I would be happy if the Bully Red was Spanky's colour

How would he look in Red ?

A premise by HJHJR esq

Poetry by FJ

Fat Jerry Publications. June 2002. Copyright

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
If the trade were to go through I guess Gabe and Elgin can complete their Fizer for Miles trade - never consumated in the 2000 draft due to JK thwarting it by drafting Marcus.

Nothing stopping them now:grinning:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think you guys are giving up on Fizer too early...........
Right now he is our best low post option, and as a real fan you would have seen this. He is in his 3rd year and is only going to get better. If we trade him it will be a big mistake. I like Tyson for his intensity but he has no post game to speak of yet (now he may develop one) and no jumper. Get Scott Williams to back up Eddy and start Fizer, and put Tyson at the three on offense. He can play the 3/4 on defense...depending on the opposition. Tyson has no post, offensive game anyway and can be a Kmart type.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by Ceochase
I think you guys are giving up on Fizer too early...........
Right now he is our best low post option, and as a real fan you would have seen this. He is in his 3rd year and is only going to get better. If we trade him it will be a big mistake. I like Tyson for his intensity but he has no post game to speak of yet (now he may develop one) and no jumper. Get Scott Williams to back up Eddy and start Fizer, and put Tyson at the three on offense. He can play the 3/4 on defense...depending on the opposition. Tyson has no post, offensive game anyway and can be a Kmart type.
I dont think its a matter of giving up on Marcus. In order to get some body, you need to trade somebody.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Trueblue I agree. You have to trade to receive, but I just see too many people wanting to trade Fizer for picks and stuff. I think he is going to be a 18pt per game scorer with enough minutes, and has improved very much under BC. I don't want to see him "blow up" and be a star for someone else.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Not a bench player....

the simple problem with fizer and the bulls, is, that he is NOT a bench player and will GO wherever he does not have to be one. I do not blame him if he wanted to be traded. He will be, as you have eluded to, a very good PF in this league. IF he is behind chandler, as most think he will be, he will not be happy here, nor will his performance reflect it. Move him now..... This is why you get players like scott williams, to spell chandler, or whomever the PF is gonna be. you do not need two starting caliber pf's on ONE team.:upset:

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
To me, Fizer is one of those players who would probably be a starter on a bad NBA team, but is definitely a bench player on a good team. Think, for example, if Fizer would start on teams such as the Lakers, Kings, Mavs, Spurs, Nets, Celtics, TWolves, etc. So the question Marcus has to ask himself (at some point) is would he rather spend his career as a starter on a bad team or would he rather play 20-25 mpg off the bench for the Bulls, a potentially very good team in another couple of years?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
you could be right....

....probably not, but you COULD BE!!!:laugh: I think at THIS point you are, however, like all the others before him, Fizer WILL improve and WILL be a starter. I think his trade value is at A peak right now.....look for him to go somewhere maybe as a bench player but to uproot the incumbent PF there.... Who is the PF for the lakers?:grinning: the only two starters there that i believe are cemented for awhile are kobe and shaq...:uhoh:

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Re: you could be right....

Originally posted by BamaBull
....probably not, but you COULD BE!!!:laugh: I think at THIS point you are, however, like all the others before him, Fizer WILL improve and WILL be a starter. I think his trade value is at A peak right now.....look for him to go somewhere maybe as a bench player but to uproot the incumbent PF there.... Who is the PF for the lakers?:grinning: the only two starters there that i believe are cemented for awhile are kobe and shaq...:uhoh:
Bama!

Robert Horry really stepped up his game in the play-offs. Besides, Phil gives his role players time based on the defense they play, and that seems to be what Horry does. Would Kobe or Shaq put up with Fizer taking as many shots as he does?

You do know that Horry went to Bama, no? Show some love for a hometown product! ;)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Horry =......

.....:uhoh: I lost respect for horry while he was in phoenix and threw the towel in danny ainge's face while he was the head coach.....not that I owe any allegiance to danny, horry's attitude was, to put it appropriately, HORRy-BLE!!! Besides, I was referring to a few years after Fizer would be there. By THAT time, Horry would be ready to be replaced and fizer would have been under "uncle Phils" tuto-ledge.....say in a couple of years...of course by then shaq daddy might be ready to be a rapper or movie star....not that I would watch his sorryazz!!!:laugh:

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
I didn't know about the towel throwing incident. That sucks....

Back to Fizer, though, would he be willing to take a back seat as a starter? Here in Chi-town he's unhappy being a featured scorer off the bench. Would he be happier being an overshadowed, role-playing starter with the Lake Show? Also, what would the Lakers pay Fizer? They cut Brian Shaw and brought him back at half price just to avoid the Lux Tax. With the contracts of Shaq and Kobe, would they be willing to pay Fizer the increase he'll probably be looking for?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
easy to answer those ?'s

Fizer would, in my opinion, as would anyone, agree to a salary compensatory to his output, AND, as a SMALL added bonus, MIGHT just get a championship ring before ANY of the present day bulls. ya think? I think those points are the least of the problem with him going to a team such as the lakers. I, secondly, believe the NBA contracts SHOULD be structured as HEAVILY incentive laden ones. That would solve all the "I am worth more than that attitudes." money talks.

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Re: easy to answer those ?'s

The Lakers are surely no lock for future championships. No team is (just ask Horace Grant who, unhappy with his role with the Bulls, left for what I'm sure he thought was going to be multiple championship rings in Orlando). This year the Lakers came as close as ever to getting knocked off, and the other teams in the league have grown one year hungrier and one year better whereas the Lakers-- unless they pull off a blockbuster trade-- will return next year with basically the same team as this year.

Also, the problem with heavily incentive-laden contracts is it motivates players to play for individual stats instead of the good of the team-- something the league does NOT need.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts