Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry mods. I wanted this boards' help on this not the general board. (It will get lost in the comm. thread)

I don't have the time or inclination to watch Much Music or MTV or learn about who has the wicked new beats.

Maybe you guys can give me some songs that fit my preference.

Q-Tip: Vibrant thing
Clipse has some song "Top down, chrome spinnin'"
NERD: Lapdance

I really like the distinct beats in here and others. I like a lot of stuff like old Chemical Brothers and Crystal Method which lets me appreciate this stuff.

So if you get the gist of what I'm talking about, maybe you have some suggestions. Much appreciated.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
blowuptheraptors said:
Sorry mods. I wanted this boards' help on this not the general board. (It will get lost in the comm. thread)

I don't have the time or inclination to watch Much Music or MTV or learn about who has the wicked new beats.

Maybe you guys can give me some songs that fit my preference.

Q-Tip: Vibrant thing
Clipse has some song "Top down, chrome spinnin'"
NERD: Lapdance

I really like the distinct beats in here and others. I like a lot of stuff like old Chemical Brothers and Crystal Method which lets me appreciate this stuff.

So if you get the gist of what I'm talking about, maybe you have some suggestions. Much appreciated.
if you are looking for that Clipse song it is called 'When the last time you heard', mostly any NERD produced song would be good

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
First song that came to mind is Obie Trice - The Set-up. It's about a year and a half old or so, but it's got a tight beat. The new Roots album has some good beats too (if you've been to a Raptors game this year you've definitely heard the song "Duck Down!" on the PA).

I'm not sure, but I think Q-Tip helped produce the new Nas album, Street's Disciple, although the beats aren't really like Tribe or Q-Tip solo beats. One song with a real tight beat, though, on that album is "Suicide Bounce" produced by Nas.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
i'm not sure if these are the beats your looking for, but there sick nonetheless..

put you in the game - the game
your f**king head split - necro
danger zone - big l
the corners - common
it aint hard to tell - nas
ny state of mind - nas
whatcha gonna do - shyne

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
madman said:
if you are looking for that Clipse song it is called 'When the last time you heard', mostly any NERD produced song would be good
How do I look for NERD produced work. Generally one can search by artist, track or album.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Here's a few on my hard disk with good beats,

bt -- "Smartbomb"
Chemical Bros. -- "Mourning Lemon"
Crystal Method -- "Bound Too Long"
Leftfield -- "Inspection (Check One)"
Orb -- "Toxygene"
Prodigy -- "Diesel Power"
Roni Size -- "Brown Paper Bag"

De La Soul -- "Shopping Bags (She Got From You)"
Dizzee Rascal -- "Fix Up, Look Sharp"
Cypress Hill -- "Child Of The Wild West"
Field Mob -- "Dead In Your Chevy"
Ghostface -- "Biscuits"
Handsome Boy Modelling School -- "Waterworks"
Immortal Technique -- "Peruvian Cocaine"
Jay-Z -- "Jigga What?"
Kardinal Offishal -- "Ol' Time Killin'"
Swollen Members -- "Zenith"
Timberland f/ Petey Pablo -- "I"
Wu-Tang Clan -- "P.L.O. Style (Jump Bail Remix)"

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
vigilante said:
i was gonna say that but i didnt know if thats the type of beat he was looking for.

i love that song.
me niether but it is a great beat, originally Timbo brought the beat to Jay-z but instead he chose the beat to 'Dirt Of Your Shoulders' What a stupid choise ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts