Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Celtics have a reallly Young team, young indeed, and that's what seems to win in the NBA now and days. The Baby Bulls topping over the San Antonio Spurs. A young defensive Mavericks team uses 1st half margin to own Heat. And the Atlanta Hawks topping over the Indiana Pacers (Yes I know they were without artest, but that didn't make a difference on the defensive end the hawks played nicely). So why not the Boston Celtics? Like many fans have said, Team Chemistry's disruption and coach. Yes I am on the Band Wagon Doc Rivers needs to be fired. Boston's a young team, apparently youth can make the playoffs, and beat teams like San Antonio faster then you can say 'Andrew Bogut's a bust' No that can't be right we said that faster *GASPS* So how come Boston isn't winning? It's all on the coach, granted we should've fired the stupid fool last off-season, and make a ditch hard attempt at Lakers Coach Phil Jackson or better yet, New York's Larry Brown. At least Larry knows what's going on, and knows he cannot fix it. The difference between Larry and Doc, is that Doc knows what's wrong but refuses to correct it, that is why Jim O'Brien got a slam out the door in Philadelphia. And it's going to be Doc River's downfall as well, as to Team Disruption: Why oh why did we trade Antoine Walker to Miami for virtually nothing, He could've very well been worth Former Grizzlie Jason Williams, a PG which what they needed, He could've been worth James Posey, who seems to have a nice touch from the outside, he could've replaced Walker somewhat. Yet we got nothing, it costed us, if your going to make a trade with an Eastern Conference Champion, please very please, make them give you something good in return, and not bullcrap because that's exactly what the Boston Celtics got. Why did you sign Brian Scalabrine? He was a bust waiting to happen, and now it happened. What exactly did you get out of it? I said it before, and I'll say it again, you could've commanded a PG which is what you lacked via Gary Payton's free agency. But no you went for nothing, Boston Mangement costed this team alot.

Now Marcus Banks and Dan Dickau are busts, Delonte West is too young to lead the team, And Tony Allen's a nutcase. Granted things could be worse, but if the mangment had done the simple things, the C's may not be half bad not bad at all. Antoine Walker was a cancer no doubt, they had to get rid of him, but couldn't they command a price, Why did they settle for Dan Dickau? In their right mind did they know Steve Blake (At least he shot the rock well) was in free agency? Did they foresee a chance to get Chicago's Kirk Hinrich? All these options were there, could've been taken Advangtage off, in their Haste to trade Walker they forgot the true purpose of what they were trying to do: Revive their basketball team and make the playoffs. Granted you can't say Walker was all bad he made contributations to the team, last year, and arguably years before when he played the C's. But he costed the team the playoff series, and Danny Ainge wanted to turn over the Keys to the Younguns. The Problem? They didn't get anything in return for Walker, and forgot to fire Doc Rivers. It costed the team the Atlantic division title, and more importantly a trip to the playoffs.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Firing Doc at the end of last season was impossible. He did help them win their first division title and has a good connection with his players. Yes he screwed up big in the playoff but he met expectation. No way Danny could or should have fired Doc. I agree with the offseason signing but not the Walker situation. Walker was going to leave anyways, the Celtics were lucky they got anything.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
what was it that the celtics got???...qyntel woods...cut...curtis borchardt...cut...some spanish guy that i havent heard from since the trade...they got nothign

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
Premier said:
The Celtics recieved a trade exception which they blew on Dan Dickau.

exaclty my point...what did they get??..NOTHING

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Nor did I. Antoine Walker couldn't have returned to the Celtics and they recieved something for him rather than nothing. What Ainge did with the Walker trade (and the MLE), though, was disappointing.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
Premier said:
Nor did I. Antoine Walker couldn't have returned to the Celtics and they recieved something for him rather than nothing. What Ainge did with the Walker trade (and the MLE), though, was disappointing.

ok they recieved something for him...but then turned that something into signing a complete waste of space in dickau...so by some theorem or something if u recieve something and turn it into nothing then you recieved NOTHING...if A>B and B>C then A>C...thats what ive learned in college

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
You learned term logic in college?

The Walker deal was all right, but Ainge did not execute after the deal to make it a success.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
exaclty my point...what did they get??..NOTHING
Agreed Walker's ability to shoot the 3 ball was crucial to Miami since Damon Jones and Keyon Dooling were but bound to leave, why couldn't the Celtics command anything?

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
No. They were able to get a trade exception and rights to Mirales and if they didn't trade Walker, they would've had to renounce him until he was signed by another team in which they would have recieved nothing. The Walker trade is not the problem.

The problem with the Celtics is rebounding, defense, and coaching.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Well, it seemed like Miami gave the Cetlics the best offer because they did not want to take any salary back. In a single team to team trade with Philadelphia, Boston would have to take back atleast 80% of Antoine's salary in player contracts.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Sixerfanforlife said:
Agreed Walker's ability to shoot the 3 ball was crucial to Miami since Damon Jones and Keyon Dooling were but bound to leave, why couldn't the Celtics command anything?
Anyone has the ability to shoot a 3. The important part is if they can put it in the hoop. Walker isn't exactly what people call a "sure shot."

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Premier said:
No. They were able to get a trade exception and rights to Mirales and if they didn't trade Walker, they would've had to renounce him until he was signed by another team in which they would have recieved nothing. The Walker trade is not the problem.

The problem with the Celtics is rebounding, defense, and coaching.
Logical answer right here.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Walker was a free agent who plays the same position as our top young player, Al Jefferson. He wasn't going to play here, we got something for him and that was good....signing Scalabrine, NOT good!
Anyone who thought this team was going to be good this year is delusional....this team is not anywhere close yet. That should have been understood by all.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
whiterhino said:
Anyone who thought this team was going to be good this year is delusional....this team is not anywhere close yet. That should have been understood by all.

yea...what he said

·
Registered
105 Posts
whiterhino said:
By "good" do you mean winning the title this year? If so I could go along with that statement. But if being over .500, making the playoffs and maybe even getting past the 1st round is what you're talking about then file me under "delusional" because I think this team can do that if we cut Blount's minutes drastically.

Semantics. Like it or lump it you can never get away from it. And yes, "semantics" can be singular despite the "s" at the end.

·
Registered
413 Posts
KingHandles said:
Anyone has the ability to shoot a 3. The important part is if they can put it in the hoop. Walker isn't exactly what people call a "sure shot."
He proved us right too...shooting 1-13 the other night....course he also shot 11-13 the other day. He's not Reggie Miller of anything though. In fact hes closer to...well...Antoine...

·
Banned
61 Posts
Walker is not a caner. He is a scapegoat. Now that he isn't here the "fan" blames Blount.
Face it this team is bad, they benched Blount because he didn't rebound and put in Perkins
who got a whopping six. Fact is this team has gotten worse every time Antoine has left town. If you can't see that then it is because you don't wanna see it. Hence the Walker is a scapegoat comment above.

I have to LOL at any Sixer fan calling anyone a cancer, Iverson can't get along with anyone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts