Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do not trade Craw for the 11th pick in the draft or a player like Mike Miller. Here is why:

1.) Skills\Size

He has the speed to cover 1's and the size to cover 2's. He can pass, handle and shoot.

2.) Work Ethic

By all accounts, Craw is working his tail off around the clock for the past year and one-half to become a better player. He is a gym-rat. He has already gotten a lot bigger and stronger

3.) Insurance

If JWill is more Derek Fisher than Mike Bibby+

4.) To build a great 3 guard rotation

Jwill as Isiah, Craw as Dumars, Hassel as the Microwave.

5.) Potential

Craw is still young and if we trade him now I just don't feel that we will be able to get full value.

6.) Keep the core together

Craw has bonded with the other young guys. Let them stick together as long as they are working to improve.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
i don't see any reason the Bulls would trade Craw away any time soon... he seems to be the type to make a great combo guard.
if JWill is a Bulls, and fulfills his potential, Craw is relegated to the bench... but will be able to do a lot of things when he comes off it. -- i bet he becomes a sixth man in fact.

look at what Eric Strickland did for the Celts this past season
I think Crawford can fulfill the same role, and maybe even play it a lot better than Strick

·
Registered
510 Posts
Crawford is not going anywhere for the 11th pick. If Crawford is dealt, which I by no means reccomend, he will part of a package to bring an all star type player here to fill a need. That I can understand. We haven't picked anyone yet in the draft, though Jay Williams is likely, word is Crawford is bulking up and getting stronger and if Jay Williams is selected, he could be our starting 2, or get plenty of minutes between the 1 and 2 slots. Both Crawford and/or Fizer will not be dealt at this point for something mediocre on their own. There is a lot of potential upside and no point to just giving them away. We are better off waiting ans seeing what they become. I almost thought I was on RealGM or worse when I read it.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
playing shooting guard could help make jamal a defensive stopper at the point in spot minutes, if he gets stronger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts