Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From Pacers.Com

Notching his second double-double of the season, Austin Croshere led the Pacers in rebounding with 15--tying his career-high. Including ties, he has led the Pacers in rebounding twice. Tonight's game marks the first time all season that Jermaine O'Neal did not lead the team in rebounds.
We really need Ronnie and Jeff healthy in order for us to be able to fend for ourselves on the boards. Jack is worthless as a rebounder and doesn't block out. Tinsley is OK, nothing special. Despite last night's abberation, Cro is a poor rebounder. Pollard is such an incredibly-poor athlete that he is a complete liability out there on the floor. Well, he is a liability unless we are playing against Yao, Shaq or Z. He is basically worthless 90% of the time, especially with a 7-mil expiring contract that is easily tradeable. And David Harrison--at least for a seven-footer with a wide body and decent atleticism--can't rebound very well at all.

Anyway, why not play Granger more? He can board like a madman. So can JB, but I gave up counting on him a long time ago. Anything he does I just consider a bonus. Actually, JB can't board that well. He just looks cool doing it because he gets up so high. The offensive rebounding by the Hawks last night was ridiculous. Just embarrassing, really. Jeff will help a lot, as does Ronnie when healthy, but Danny could really turn this problem around. I suspect that by the end of the year he and Saras will be our 6th and 7th men. Carlisle would be stupid to go any other way (well, Fred Jones could be thrown into that arguement, I suppose, although he played like **** last night.).

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PacersguyUSA said:
Fred Jones is a pretty good rebounder at the SG spot.
Just because he has hops doesn't mean that he can rebound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts