Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
What a surprise....

Funny how one of the teams I mentioned (Denver) as having a realistic shot at him is listed in that article.

Also one of the points made previously such as the fact they cleared cap space with the KVH trade just to be able to make sure they'd have the money needed to resign him was mentioned in that article as well.

Harris is not stupid, he's not going to lose his best player for nothing, if they felt he was going to leave they would have traded him at deadline.

Something NOT mentioned in that article was Clippers...

We're not even in the picture, a viable option...

Who wants to do this again?

Who wants to go after a guy or guys we can't get (Redd and Allen) win some "moral victory" of hey we tried, but struck out, lose out on any other possibilities in the process and be a lotto team again?

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Redd is a very good player but I don't know if he is a max contract player in my mind. If I were him Cleveland would be my choice this offseason anyways. The Clippers don't need to focus on adding the biggest name free agent but they need to acutally find someone who can help and wants to play in LA. Moral victories aren't to heart warming this time of year.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Weasel, you shouldnt post stuff like this...its meaningless at this point in time. Kobe was 100% going to sign with the clippers, than in like a couple of hours changed his mind. At this point, were MONTHS away from FA signing time, so anything can happen. Not to mention that the article is one of those my mothers best friends sisters housekeepers dog over heard this and that... :). He very may well sign with the bucks, he may sign with the clippers, he may sign with denver. We wont know until it happens. In the game, things change in an instant. Not to mention that the bucks still havent said they will offer him the max. if they dont, and another team does, he is going to have a tough decision to make. Clippers will definately be pursuing him full bore on a few months, unless they get allen first or something. If somenoe thinks that he said he said articles like this will dissuade them, thats crazy. If jerry buss would have given up, kobe would be a clipper now.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you are saying, I just post it so people can read and discuss so the Clipper forum grows. Sure, Redd could be saying stuff like this but during the summer it might change as it does occur with many players.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
admit it, you post things like that to start drama on here because you know that arenas is gullable enough to start something based off of that stuff. Every time you post something like that he goes off, starting debates. :) And i thought you wanted everyone to play nice? YOURE TO BLAME! LOL. You instigater!

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
yamaneko said:
admit it, you post things like that to start drama on here because you know that arenas is gullable enough to start something based off of that stuff. Every time you post something like that he goes off, starting debates. :) And i thought you wanted everyone to play nice? YOURE TO BLAME! LOL. You instigater!
Relax Is a good topic

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
After thinking all throughout the deadline that Portland was going to land Redd only to come up short, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Mil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts