Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Cincinnati Reds have agreed to trade ace Johnny Cueto to the Kansas City Royals, a major league source confirmed to ESPN's Jim Bowden on Sunday.

There was no immediate word on whom the Royals were sending back to the Reds.

Cueto, 29, is 7-6 with a 2.62 ERA this season. He is coming off a 5-2 win over the Colorado Rockies on Saturday night in which he threw eight shutout innings and allowed four hits.

Cueto said a teammate had told him he already had been traded before Saturday's start.

"They said something to me," Cueto told reporters after the game. "I don't want to use a bad word in this location, but it was really bad the way I found out what happened. My head went around the whole way. My thoughts were all over the place."

Fox Sports reported earlier Sunday that Kansas City had been on the verge of acquiring Cueto but the deal fell through because a Royals player who was to be included in the swap had a medical issue. Sources told ESPN the teams still were working to make the trade happen despite Saturday's hiccup, leading to its finalization later Sunday.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/13321634/cincinnati-reds-trading-johnny-cueto-kansas-city-royals

1 - 1 of 1 Posts