Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he's really played great in this his last season. Since the allstar break hes averagine 17 points per game and is shooting 98% from the FT line! He's made 110 of his last 112 FTs, wow!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Reggie is king.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
He killed us in the game awhile ago, he's such a great player. I wish he wasn't retiring, but damn, he's leaving it all on the floor, and I respect that.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Yeah, he's one of the two players currently playing that I feel should get a ring before he retires (the other one is Allen Iverson).

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Damn, I had no idea he was doing so well. Thanks. This is the type of stuff I would like to see people post more of. Lots of stuff going on in other teams that have just gone under my radar. Reggie was my favorite player growing up, I was huge fan of that Pacer team when they always ended up playing Orlando in the playoffs.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I love to see him play, the way he shoots the ball, he's still so good!

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Let's have a show of hands, how many people thought the Pacers would make the playoffs when they were sitting in ninth in the East and Jermaine O'Neal went down with a season-ending injury? Not me, that's for sure.

But they've proceeded to go 9-5 over the rest of March, beating San Antonio, Detroit, and Miami. They're in position to take over the sixth seed by beating Cleveland at home next week. Anthony Johnson is playing better than Jamaal Tinsley ever has, Reggie Miller and Dale Davis are playing like they're in their early thirties, even Scot Pollard is playing well. I think it's one of the more amazing stories of this NBA season, and Rick Carlisle deserves an enormous amount of credit (that he won't get).

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Vermillion said:
Yeah, he's one of the two players currently playing that I feel should get a ring before he retires (the other one is Allen Iverson).
I love Reggie to death.

But i, for one, don't think he should get a championship.
When he was at top of his game, he wasn't good enough.
Now, he is still going strong, but he is nowhere the player he was. And the Pacers are no longer his team.

Reggie deserves better. He deserves to go out fighting. He deserves to get a 40 pt playoff game losing effort. As to show he was the guy who would never give up.

For that's MY Reggie...

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Reggie is the man, nuff said. To me, he will always be the greatest of all time. No other basketball player has strengthened my love for the game as much as he has. Growing up I modeled my game after his, and now wherever I go, I always end up with the nickname 'reggie.' I love everything he has done for my game and for the game in general. Basketball will never be the same for me after this year.

Gonna miss you Reggie....

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
StephenJackson said:
Reggie is the man, nuff said. To me, he will always be the greatest of all time. No other basketball player has strengthened my love for the game as much as he has. Growing up I modeled my game after his, and now wherever I go, I always end up with the nickname 'reggie.' I love everything he has done for my game and for the game in general. Basketball will never be the same for me after this year.

Gonna miss you Reggie....
Damn it!

that was a sweet post! :clap:

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
I'm glad he's retiring on top though, unlike other veterans that whore themselves out to top tier teams trying to win championships. That's one of the things I like about the guy.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
RP McMurphy said:
Anthony Johnson is playing better than Jamaal Tinsley ever has
I really disagree with that. AJ's had a few good games lately, but we can't forget how important Tinsley was to us last year and how well he was playing this year.

even Scot Pollard is playing well.
Scot's been playing well all year

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
I really disagree with that. AJ's had a few good games lately, but we can't forget how important Tinsley was to us last year and how well he was playing this year.

Scot's been playing well all year
For real, how can Tinsley's omniscient court vision and nifty scoring that he displayed this season be forgotten so quickly?

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
PacersguyUSA said:
For real, how can Tinsley's omniscient court vision and nifty scoring that he displayed this season be forgotten so quickly?
Because it's been so long since we've seen him play, and everyone's attention is on how well AJ has filled his shoes.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Reggie continued his strong play tonight, scoring 7 points in 22 seconds with under 3 minutes to play against the Nets to overcome a 6 point defecit. Just another great performance by a great player.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts