Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen all the highlights, heard the hype and all this stuff. But tonight is my first time really watching a USC game, and fully concentrating on it. And holy Hell! Bush is beyond nasty. 258 yards off 16 carries and it's not even the 4th yet.. That just.. nuts. Give him the Hiesman now.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
lets see: 265 yards on 16 carries and the 4th qtr just began. He's got 400 total yards in 3 qtrs. If the ballots havent been turned in yet....Bush looks like the favorite

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
He's filthy good. :eek8:

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
They probably have been turned in, even with Oklahoma's bad loss two years ago. Eh.

Yeah, Bush is playing like he's in a video game. Maybe if JB were the QB he could be a two-time Heisman winner and #1 pick at RB.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
He is really good, probably the best player in the NCAA. If not the best player in the NCAA then definitely one of the best.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Okay, now he's definitely not Tecmo Bo Jackson.

fumble

edit: Fresno TD. Aye yay yay!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Bush is a joke. He was my guy for the Heisman after the ND game...but after tonight, he has to be a lock, IMO. Vince Young is a great player, and Texas is a great team. But my god, Reggie Bush is in a class of his own. Best college player I've seen. (Only 17 though)

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
513 yards is just insane especially for a guy that shares his carries with Lendale White and his receptions with Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith and Dominique Byrd.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Please guys... Yeah extremely impressive feat but its one game. VY has had just as impressive stats this year while being more integral to his teams success. I think VY still deserves the Heisman and is the frontrunner but that being said I wouldn't be too disappointed if Bush wins it bc he is a hell of a player.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
I hate to disappoint you. Bush is going to win.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The quickest and fastest guy I've ever watched. Like I've been saying, he is why USC is so dangerous. Matt Leinart can be stopped, but I have yet to see anyone contain or even momentarily slow this guy down. I've got much respect for him. Except on December 3rd.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
The 6ft Hurdle said:
The quickest and fastest guy I've ever watched. Like I've been saying, he is why USC is so dangerous. Matt Leinart can be stopped, but I have yet to see anyone contain or even momentarily slow this guy down. I've got much respect for him. Except on December 3rd.
USC is going to lose multiple times next season when Bush and Leinart leave. ND, ASU and FSU could not have played these guys any better than they did. Bush singlehandedly wins these games for them. They aren't going to be able to replace a talent like that.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
If the Hiesman goes to the MVP, then it goes to Young.

But if the Hiesman goes to the best player in college football, then it goes to Bush.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Vince still has two games to prove himself Heisman worthy. One against A&M who's defense has been anything but good and the other against Colorado or Iowa State in the Big 12 Championship game. We'll see how it plays out over the next couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
right now. I have Bush and Young deadlocked after last night. If you remember Young has had games where he was all of Texas' offense passing and rushing as well.

Depending on what happens these next 2 games will determine who would get my vote. Prolly start a bbb.net's official hesiman poll after Dec 3 rd haha

As for USC next yr, with Booty, and LenDale White, I think they'll still contend for a national title. White is no slouch and is a first rd pick himself, and sure he doesn't make the great plays like Bush but he can pound you and also hit the homerun. They'll still have Jarrett, Smith, Davis and Patrick Turner for Booty to throw to. Which is potent enough. A young OL to go with a young defense which will be better next yr. USC may just lose 1 game next yr but they won't fall off that much. White will be a key though, if he stays. Other than that they have great depth. And they get the best recruits as well. They won't fall a step behind like Miami has after 03. USC has better coaching and gotten better recruits since then.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
freakofnature said:
If the Hiesman goes to the MVP, then it goes to Young.

But if the Hiesman goes to the best player in college football, then it goes to Bush.
I see it differently. If the Heisman goes to the MVP, it goes to Bush.

Without Reggie Bush, USC has 3 losses. ASU, ND, and FSU. Hell, maybe even Oregon. In all 4 of those games, USC was in it deep. Luckily for them, Reggie broke out his Superman cape and singlehandedly won each of those 3/4 games. Like I said before, he was my guy after the Notre Dame game. But after last night, I don't see how it isn't unanimous. 513 yards? I didn't think that was even possible until yesterday.

Without Vince Young, Texas probably has one loss, at Ohio St. They're still likely looking at a Big 12 Championship and a BCS bowl. Without Bush, USC might be looking at the Holiday Bowl.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts