Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reggie Miller

Reggie Miller picked the Nets as NBA champs IF the Pistons and Spurs were out of the picture.

Charles Barkley disagreed and thinks the Nets will lose in the first round.

Hmm...

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Re: Reggie Miller

Sir Charles is an IDIOT...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

Let's just hope the Cavs take the pistons to 7 games and win on a last second shot by Lebron. Then Vince goes nuts in the Eastern finals and outplays Lebron. Then JKidd shuts down Tony Parker while RJ goes crazy in the finals because Vince will be preoccupied by Bowen. That's how the nets will win the title. It could happen or I can wish really hard that it does.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts

farouq710 said:
Let's just hope the Cavs take the pistons to 7 games and win on a last second shot by Lebron. Then Vince goes nuts in the Eastern finals and outplays Lebron. Then JKidd shuts down Tony Parker while RJ goes crazy in the finals because Vince will be preoccupied by Bowen. That's how the nets will win the title. It could happen or I can wish really hard that it does.
nice...and we beat th SPURS by a last second shot by Vince over Bowen and Bowen cries out loud... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

Out in the first round? That's a rare position taken right now. I'm glad to hear Reggie's opinion though.

Reactions: bbasok

·
Registered
2,876 Posts

furnace said:
Reggie Miller picked the Nets as NBA champs IF the Pistons and Spurs were out of the picture.

Charles Barkley disagreed and thinks the Nets will lose in the first round.

Hmm...

he says the truth

·
Registered
8,634 Posts

NetIncome said:
Sir Charles got burned by the Nets in 2002, predicting they would beat the Lakers in six games. He has never forgiven them.
I thought he said that it was going to 7 games.

Anyway, I love Charles Barkley, guy is something else.

I'm more curious to what the Cablevision-employed Kenny Smith said about the Nets.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts

That fat **** Charles Barkley is really starting to annoy me. Thank u Reggie.

·
Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts

farouq710 said:
:rofl:

·
Registered
8,413 Posts

who really cares about charles barkeley's predictions. name one of his predictions that became true this year.he predicted the sixers winning the atlantic!
but his opinions r funny ill give him that!

as for reggie......wtf? he wasnt so high on the nets before.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts

Grandmazter3 said:
Last time I heard, Kenny Smith on Krstic "Hes not that good"
Well Krstic will make him eat his words. :biggrin:

·
Banned
320 Posts
charles barkley-"Nets could actually lose in the first round"

last night on inside the nba. kenny ask a question of what if the spurs and pistons lost the first round who would win the title.

Charles said the Heat

and Reggie went with the nets

Reggie gave his reason which basically delt with experience.

Charles said he would pick the nets bt brought up recent play and the nets could face the pacers.

i brought this up at the office right now. The pacers do have the advantage over the nets.

pacers have a better bench, better at rebounding, scoring, more aggressive and one person even said.

"O'neal will be the x-factor. post scoring will slow down the game and not even mentioning how many fouls collins and krstic could pick up guarding him.

and a.johnson and fred jones always seem to play well against the nets.

think the nets will have the toughest first round match up in the east. we have to remember only reason the pacers are sooo low due to injuries and the whole artest mess.

the nets will have to be near perfect to win this series. kidd has to at least score and hit his three when they run the zone on them.

the bench has to produce something when the starters are out.

the pacers reserves are too good and when the nets go to their bench in late 1st and early 2nd the pacers will be on attack and try to get the nets in early foul trouble.

(fred, austin, foster, a johnson and more.)

don't think jefferson can keep peja scoring down

will the nets lose? i honestly don't know. if they played the bucks i would answer with a heckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk no.
pacers are a different story.

it should make for some interesting basketball.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: charles barkley-"Nets could actually lose in the first round"

killa kadafi191 said:
last night on inside the nba. kenny ask a question of what if the spurs and pistons lost the first round who would win the title.

Charles said the Heat

and Reggie went with the nets

Reggie gave his reason which basically delt with experience.

Charles said he would pick the nets bt brought up recent play and the nets could face the pacers.

i brought this up at the office right now. The pacers do have the advantage over the nets.

pacers have a better bench, better at rebounding, scoring, more aggressive and one person even said.

"O'neal will be the x-factor. post scoring will slow down the game and not even mentioning how many fouls collins and krstic could pick up guarding him.

and a.johnson and fred jones always seem to play well against the nets.

think the nets will have the toughest first round match up in the east. we have to remember only reason the pacers are sooo low due to injuries and the whole artest mess.

the nets will have to be near perfect to win this series. kidd has to at least score and hit his three when they run the zone on them.

the bench has to produce something when the starters are out.

the pacers reserves are too good and when the nets go to their bench in late 1st and early 2nd the pacers will be on attack and try to get the nets in early foul trouble.

(fred, austin, foster, a johnson and more.)

don't think jefferson can keep peja scoring down

will the nets lose? i honestly don't know. if they played the bucks i would answer with a heckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk no.
pacers are a different story.

it should make for some interesting basketball.
I don't see Pacers giving the Nets a hard time.

Peja has been a playoff bust thus far in his career. Crazy Train is incredibly erratic. JON stil isn't 100%, and I don't see him hurting the Nets.

Bucks size & speed worries me more than Pacers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.