Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Are you threatening me?
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston Rockets (29-38) @ Dallas Mavericks (52-15)
Tuesday, March 21, 8:00 p.m.
America Airlines Center
@

ROCKETS

Alston / Head / Bogans / Howard / Yao

MAVERICKS

Terry / Daniels / Marshall / Nowitzki / Diop

Rockets.com Preview
The Rockets return to the road Tuesday when they head to Dallas for a match-up with the Mavericks. It will be Houston’s first venture away from Toyota Center in over a week as the Rockets last played on the road March 12 against the San Antonio Spurs.

The Rockets will be looking for their first win against the Mavericks this season in their fourth and final attempt. These two teams just met Wednesday at Toyota Center. The Mavericks beat the Rockets 91-85 behind 30 points by Dirk Nowitzki. Yao Ming led the Rockets with 36 points and 12 rebounds.

Dallas and Houston are two teams headed in opposite directions. Dallas is in the process of positioning itself for the number one seed in the Western Conference playoffs, while the Rockets are currently positioning themselves for a better position in the NBA’s draft lottery.

The Rockets have been shorthanded for much of the season, and Tuesday will be no different as neither Tracy McGrady nor David Wesley will see action.

Tuesday would be a perfect time for the Houston bench to come alive. In last week’s match-up with the Mavericks, the Houston bench got outscored by their Dallas counterparts 22-6, which helps explain the 14-point differential on the scoreboard nearly a week ago.

Tuesday will be the first of two straight roadies this week for the Rockets. Despite their poor overall record, the Rockets have been one of the better teams in the NBA on the road this season. At 16-16, Houston is one of only five teams in the NBA playing at .500 or better away from home.

The Rockets’ road record is even more impressive when you consider that Houston has yet to defeat a Southwest Division opponent at home or on the road this year. At 0-12, the Rockets are the only NBA team without at least two wins in their own division.

· Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Need I say more, even without T-Mac we have the best center in the league now. We will win, somehow...

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Lets get this over with. Another big game from Yao :D , another lost for the Rockets :cry:

I expect a big game from Luther

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
Yao Mania said:
Lets get this over with. Another big game from Yao :D , another lost for the Rockets :cry:

I expect a big game from Luther
Word man, we REALLY NEED Luther to step up. He HAS to be hot tonight, otherwise we're ****ed, Head has to make his shots when Yao dishes out to him, because everyone else is just ****ing undependable.

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
oh, and it would be to have ONE win against a division opponent this year... 0-12 against Dallas, San Antonio, Memphis and New Orleans/Oklahoma combined.... ouch

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Ouch, easily Yao's worse game since the break... looks like that 20+ pt streak may be in jeopardy.

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
I'm obviously not watching, can someone tell me why Yao can't draw any fouls today?

· Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts
Yao Mania said:
I'm obviously not watching, can someone tell me why Yao can't draw any fouls today?
the mavs are sending the double team as soon as the pass is in the air so yao cant put the ball down. he is either passing it back out or take a jumper.

Go NeTs

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Pimped Out said:
the mavs are sending the double team as soon as the pass is in the air so yao cant put the ball down. he is either passing it back out or take a jumper.

Go NeTs
Why can't he spin off the defender towards the basket and then catch an alley oop instead?? :curse:

ok I'm kidding. But seriously if the team movement on offense was better he should be able to catch the ball in better position and just put it up from within 8ft. instead of taking all these turnarounds jumpers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.