Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Are you threatening me?
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston Rockets (29-39) @ New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets (32-33)
Thursday, March 23, 8:00 p.m.
Ford Center
@

ROCKETS

Alston / Head / Bogans / Howard / Yao

HORNETS

Paul / Snyder / Butler / West / Brown

Rockets.com Preview
The Rockets conclude their current road trip Thursday in Oklahoma City against the Hornets. Houston (29-39) heads to Oklahoma City after an 88-72 loss to the Dallas Mavericks Tuesday. The Hornets (32-33) defeated the Los Angeles Clippers 120-108 in New Orleans to snap an eight-game losing streak.

The Hornets are currently in ninth place in the Western Conference playoff race and will be looking to win consecutive games for the first time since the last week of February.

While the Rockets may no longer share post-season hopes with the Hornets, they still need a win badly on Thursday. After Tuesday’s loss to the Mavericks, the Rockets are now 0-13 in the Southwest Division. Houston is the only team in the NBA without a divisional win this season. Only one other team in the last nine years has lost each of its first 13 games against teams within its own division and coincidentally enough, that team was the Hornets. New Orleans lost their first 14 games against Southwest Division teams last season before their resurgence this year.

Yao Ming will be looking to bounce back from a so-so effort against Dallas on Tuesday. Not that 13 points and 13 rebounds is anything to shake a stick at, but it isn’t up to Yao’s standards as of late. Since the All-Star break Yao has been playing the best basketball of his career, averaging close to 28 points and over 12 rebounds a game.

The Mavericks gave a good blueprint Tuesday on how to defend the new and improved Yao. Dallas threw two and sometimes three defenders at the Houston big man, daring the Rockets to score from the perimeter.

With Tracy McGrady and David Wesley sidelined, Houston’s firepower from outside was severely limited, and the result was a season-low 72-point output.

While the Rockets were struggling offensively Tuesday, the Hornets were rolling in their last game at New Orleans Arena this season, scoring 120 points against a very good Clippers team.

The Hornets were led by Rasual Butler, who scored a career-high 32 points, hitting on seven of his nine shots from three-point range. That could spell disaster for the Rockets, who are still strong defensively without McGrady and Wesley, but have shown a tendency to not close out on perimeter shooters.

·
Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Re: Regular Season Game 69 Thread: Houston Rockets @ New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornet

wow, pretty dead game thread... and we actually might finally win this one!

Juwan Howard stepping up on the boards

·
Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Safe to call it a win?

Finally, a win in our division!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Yes, we finally won in our division, with Tracy out. Is anyone giving up rockets? why no one post on the thread like the previous ones? come on people, dont only support a team when they are good, you guys are better than that.
Note:neither Norris and Lampe played in the game, and why Hayes has less than a minute?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Re: Regular Season Game 69 Thread: Houston Rockets @ New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornet

Yay!! We won! What's up with giving up 6 points in 11 secs!! UGH! But we pulled it out for a victory! Not that its extremely likely, but doesn't this win against NOK help us in the quest to be the last team into the playoffs?

I am just sorry I didn't get to watch it... sigh!! That's alright though.. Sunday's game is on ABC.. we hope!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts

bronx43 said:
Recently, I've noticed an influx of new posters on this board. I swear, it's all one dude with extremely bad grammar.
i hope your not talking about me =(. Ive been here for a while, i just prefer to read more than to post. you could call me lazy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.