Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Are you threatening me?
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houston Rockets (30-39) vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (40-29)
Sunday, March 26, 4:00 p.m.
Toyota Center
vs.

ROCKETS

Alston / Head / Bogans / Howard / Yao

CAVALIERS

Snow / Murray / James / Gooden / Ilgauskas

Rockets.com Preview
The Rockets return to action Sunday when they host the Cleveland Cavaliers at Toyota Center. Houston (30-39) heads into Sunday after a come from behind win in Oklahoma City Thursday against the Hornets. LeBron James and Co. host Boston Friday night at Quicken Loans Arena before heading to Houston for the Sunday matinee. Tip-off is 3:00 p.m.

Sunday’s game will be the second and final meeting between these two teams this season. The Rockets have taken the last five meetings against the Cavaliers, including a 90-81 win Jan. 5 at Cleveland. Tracy McGrady scored a game-high 34 points as the Rockets held the Cavs to 20 less points in that contest than Cleveland was averaging (102.1) coming into the game.

McGrady will be out of action Sunday, but Yao Ming will be in uniform for the Rockets. Yao missed the first meeting this season and it showed as Cavs’ big man Zydrunas Ilgauskas picked up a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds.

While Zydrunas might be more limited Sunday, Cavs' superstar LeBron James should probably have more room to operate with McGrady sidelined. James wasn’t exactly shut down last time out as he put up 32 points in the loss.

Keith Bogans will likely draw the daunting task of taking on James so expect most of his energy to be deployed at the defensive end of the floor. Despite entering Sunday slightly short-handed, the Rockets will be without McGrady and David Wesley, Houston has plenty in its favor.

The Rockets have never lost to Cleveland at Toyota Center (2-0) and the Cavaliers are not setting the league on fire away from Quicken Loans Arena this season. Cleveland is just 14-19 on the road this season and more importantly, 3-10 against the Western Conference away from home.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Yeah, pretty much. In terms of draft picks, moving down slots in the standings certainly doesn't hurt. I mean, we know we have problems, but we know we'll have two very good players returning in Yao and McGrady. So losing right now doesn't hurt anything. I wouldn't say lose on purpose, but since the playoffs are out of the picture, thinking lottery wouldn't really be that bad of an idea.

· I'm too sexy for ya.
2,089 Posts
jworth said:
Yeah, pretty much. In terms of draft picks, moving down slots in the standings certainly doesn't hurt. I mean, we know we have problems, but we know we'll have two very good players returning in Yao and McGrady. So losing right now doesn't hurt anything. I wouldn't say lose on purpose, but since the playoffs are out of the picture, thinking lottery wouldn't really be that bad of an idea.
We still could make playoffs if we wanted, but it's better we just stick with sucking for the rest of the season to give Yao rest in april and june to improve and do whatever he wants before going back to China. With the losses we will tally the rest of the season, it'll provide us with good pick (hopefully Brandon Roy) to provide us with a young player on the team. By next year, the Rockets will be great with a healthy Yao and T-Mac.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
If McGrady was to return before the long road trip I'd still have hope because we'd probably beable to win the rest of the games... but hes not so the season is over but losing game after game to get a good draft pick is just bad. Theres too many good future players on this team that need to know how it feels like to win.

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Again, just wanna see Yao kick *** and show that he's the MVP of this league, and have a bigger game than Lebron (which I realize is very difficult to say the least). Big Z's gonna give Yao trouble as his perimeter game will take Yao out of the key on defense.

Role guys have got to step up.

· Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Should be a good game, Yao has a good match up with Big Z. If Yao can still dominate the zone, it should be a close game. Well, every game now is the same, the out side shooters need to take smarter shots. More assists to the big man inside, less turn overs. BTW, if the game is out of control, DO NOT PLAY RYAN BOWN. I want to watch Hayes makes impact. Thank you JVG.

· Registered
544 Posts
The officiating in this game has been atrocious! The league has has some sort of issue w/ Yao Ming and how they choose to officiate him. This really pisses me off... Z has been wrestling Yao all damn gamelong. :curse: :curse:

· Registered
876 Posts
debarge said:
The officiating in this game has been atrocious! The league has has some sort of issue w/ Yao Ming and how they choose to officiate him. This really pisses me off... Z has been wrestling Yao all damn gamelong. :curse: :curse:

well yao's got 50 pounds and 3 inches over Z, rite? he should just wrestle back

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.