Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Are you threatening me?
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Houston Rockets (32-41) @ Seattle Supersonics (30-43)
Tuesday, April 4, 10:00 p.m.
Key Arena
@

ROCKETS

Alston / Head / Bogans / Howard / Yao

SUPERSONICS

Ridnour / Allen / Wilkins / Wilcox / Swift

Rockets.com Preview
The Rockets continue their six-game road trip Tuesday in Seattle against the SuperSonics. Both teams were in action Sunday with Houston (32-41) falling to the Lakers in L.A. 104-88 and Seattle defeating the Portland Trail Blazers 122-83 at KeyArena.

Tuesday will mark the fourth and final meeting of the season between these two teams. Houston will be looking for the season sweep after defeating Seattle 115-87 Wednesday at Toyota Center.

The Rockets like something about the Sonics and perhaps even Seattle. Tuesday, Houston will be looking for their seventh straight win over the Sonics and fifth straight triumph over the Sonics in their home arena.

Led by Yao Ming’s 29 points and 10 rebounds in 30 minutes of action, Houston easily disposed of a Seattle team without the services of Rashard Lewis. Wednesday’s effort against Seattle was just one reason Yao was named Western Conference Player of the Week on Monday.

On Sunday against the Lakers, Yao poured in 33 points and ripped down 16 rebounds, only to be outdone by Kobe Bryant’s 43 points and six assists for L.A. However, Yao did become the first center to score 30 points against the Lakers at Staples Center in the history of the venue, further cementing his Player of the Week honor, his second this season.

The Sonics continue to be led by Ray Allen, who scored 24 points in Seattle’s lopsided win against the Trail Blazers Sunday. Seattle is on a bit of a tear on their home floor. The Sonics claimed their largest win in eight years Sunday thanks to the 39-point romp over Portland. Seattle has now won four out of their last five games at home.

If the Sonics want to continue their hot play at home, they’ll need to keep the Rockets below 100 points on the scoreboard, something they haven’t been able to do yet this season. The Rockets are 16-3 this year when reaching the century mark, but more importantly, are 7-0 when hitting 100 points on the road in games decided in regulation.

· Premium Member
4,913 Posts
well, at this point we are pretty much lock down the 10th spot, so yeah, play hard, use some young guys and try our best.
I want to see young people getting more than 20 mins in this game,
As always, Yao should be dominated in the rectangle. Shut down Ray Allen and that's it.

· Registered
1,258 Posts
deanchueng said:
well, at this point we are pretty much lock down the 10th spot, so yeah, play hard, use some young guys and try our best.
I want to see young people getting more than 20 mins in this game,
As always, Yao should be dominated in the rectangle. Shut down Ray Allen and that's it.
The guy I really want is Brandon Roy, so the 10th pick will definitely not suffice. The sixth/seventh overall would be nice.
Tank! What?!

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Hakeem said:
Yao needs to go for 50, if not 81. His teammates and Van Gundy owe it to us to let him try.
Actually I doubt if he will ever make 50 pts in his career. His highest score back in the CBA days was 48

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
kisstherim said:
Actually I doubt if he will ever make 50 pts in his career. His highest score back in the CBA days was 48
And he's way better now than he was when playing in the CBA.

Yao needs to go out and DESTROY

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Hakeem said:
^ kisstherim has always been a hater and a troll.
Yao sux, he is just selfishly padding stats to show his "superstar" worthiness.

Bench Yao or just trade him for Ha Seung-Jin who has way greater potential

· Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts
Hakeem said:
^ kisstherim has always been a hater and a troll.
we mostly just keep him around for the animated gifs.

to anyone who is watching the game, why does rafer has twice as many shots as yao?

Go NeTs

· Not Just Dumb, Aggie Dumb
18,825 Posts
Pimped Out said:
we mostly just keep him around for the animated gifs.

to anyone who is watching the game, why does rafer has twice as many shots as yao?

Go NeTs
nevermind, my boxscore froze. yao has more shots now. now rafer has only taken one more.

Go NeTs

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
kisstherim said:
Yao sux, he is just selfishly padding stats to show his "superstar" worthiness.

Bench Yao or just trade him for Ha Seung-Jin who has way greater potential
:laugh:

Wilcox is killing us. Why didn't we try to go after this guy? :curse:

· Tru Warier
13,652 Posts
Yao w/ 5th foul.... game over....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.